BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is what I have

Go down 
+7
pappy3
T.C.
arlington
marlboro920
North Star
saltfisher1
papa
11 posters
AuthorMessage
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

This is what I have Empty
PostSubject: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Well I have had my boat for 11 yrs now and the friggin State of Illinois keeps telling me that
it has never been registered in Illinois. Duh!! guess they don't want me to ever put it in the water.
I even sent a pic of the old registration of Illinois that is on the side of the boat, yep once again
it's never been registered in IL. I'd like to go down and slap the u no what out of somebody, but alas
you can't do that. I just sent in a new form and put on it that it is a homemade boat made out of
wood and aluminum and is brown and green. At this point the serial number is no longer on it and it
has nothing on it other than aluminum and will have paint.

Well I have been working on it for a month or so now, I am taking my time and thinking things
out so when it is done, it will be done and I dont have to do nothing else to it other than put it in
the water and fish out of it, oh yeah that sounds good.It started out with 3 seats in it with the front
one being up high for bass fishing. I have taken that one out and now have two low swivel seats that
are mounted on wood. All holes for mounting the wood to the aluminum seats are all drilled the same
so if I need to move one or something they will just fit right in. I could put the third seat in the
middle if wanted but in a 14ft boat I feel that three is a crowd so can't see that happening.

The next thing I have done is to put in pvc pipe to hold our poles. Up here in our nieghborhood
we don't really have to use real heavy equipment so it will be just fine, if not then back to the
drawing board and redo that part. I can have 4 out the back with two that I can take in and out real
simple by removing a pin so that I can steer it without having to deal with lifting the handle every
time I want to go right. I'm thinking about putting in a couple more that would go to right and left
off the sides. I also have mounted 4 up in the front bu for whoever is up there. I showed ridge
what I have done so far and he thinks it will work out fine also. I took two of the front ones out but
it only takes four screws to put the other two back in if needed.

Each light inbetween each of the seats is going to have it's own toggle swith so you can turn it on
when you need light to see, but they won't be shining out on the water.I was going to have a master
toggle switch for all the lights but everytime the person up front would need a light I would have to
stop what I was doing and turn it on and off so decided individual ones would be better.

I have added a small basket in also for holding 6 jugs,.

My two paddles are mounted to the seats with the spring loaded clamps that you use to hang
brooms on the wall, easy in and easy out but not in the way. At this tine
I have also added in two of the spring holders like the ones holding the paddles for holding my
rear running light for night fishing when not in use.

I have two anchors one for front and one for rear, am thinking about getting the pulley setups
so it will be easier to pull them up and let them down, a lot less having to move around in the boat
that way. Here are some pics of what it looks like now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is what I have Picture010
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Nice setup!!
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:29 pm

PAPA Buddy That Is A Great Looking Set Up You Got There, Looks As Though You Will Be Set To Go Soon With It And I Don't Think The Catfish Are Going To Have A Chance. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:21 pm

nice ideal on the pole holders .........thats good ole illnois for ya .....had a problem like that my self too ....they finally got the light clicked on lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Looks like a mighty fine rig to me Papa.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:30 am

Papa...You have done a great job there..I most like the light set-up...That will come in very handy....Good thinking there...
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:15 am

I like it ,I will bet you can get into places I can't even think about getting in!!Looks like a fishing rig to me for sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:23 pm

Looks Great!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Looks real sweet, Papa. That motor looks to be in fine shape for it's age.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Looks very nice boat!
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:15 am

Nice,I like the rod holder set up.the lights give me some ideas also for my boat.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 pm

I've finally got all the papers where I can finally use my boat this year,
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:43 am

Glad to hear that, papa. That's way too nice of a rig not to use!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is what I have   This is what I have I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is what I have
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Information Corner :: Lets Talk Boats-
Jump to: