BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock-It Fish Scaler

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Rock-It Fish Scaler Empty
PostSubject: Rock-It Fish Scaler   Rock-It Fish Scaler I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:23 am

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever seen or used one of these. They are called a "Rock-It Fish Scaler." They are made here in Oregon. In Ontario, Oregon to be exact. So don't know how many of them there might be back in the east. I got a brand new never used one for FREE yesterday. I have had people tell me that they are the neatest way to do fish they have ever seen, and other people tell me that they didn't like them.

Rock-It Fish Scaler ROCK-ITFISHSCALER2

The way they work is that you put your fish like Crappies, Bass, Perch, Bluegill, Walleye, and any other scaly fish in it, then tow it behind your boat. The fins on the outside cause it to spin and the flat expanded metal cage takes 100% of the slime and scales off of the fish.

A friend of mine was over here fishing Brownlee Rservoir last month and someone at the park they stayed at loaned him one. Russ said that they filled it 3/4 full of Crappies and then towed it behind the boat at 20 M.P.H. for four minutes and it completely (100%) removed the slime and scales from the Crappies. He said it was so easy to fillet them after that it was incredible.

I just wondered if any members here might have had one, or had the opportunity to ever have used one of these things. They retail for around $50.00 here, so I paid about as good a price as you could pay for it. Can't wait to try it out.

Jim Cool

Last edited by jimhs on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Rock-It Fish Scaler   Rock-It Fish Scaler I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:02 pm

I wonder how good that really works?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Rock-It Fish Scaler   Rock-It Fish Scaler I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:58 pm

I've Never Seen One Like That But I Have Seen The Ones That Go Inside A 5 Gallon Bucket.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock-It Fish Scaler   Rock-It Fish Scaler I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock-It Fish Scaler
Page 1 of 1