BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
H2O Mellon
Penny
Penny
H2O Mellon

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! Empty
PostSubject: Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain!   Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:35 pm

I've posted this on a couple other sites. It's the "Fishing" report from yesterday. I figured I'd would make a good post here too.
I guess this is called paying your dues. Four of us hit the Ohio River on Sunday the 9th of December. The forecast was 70% chance of rain for the entire day. Well.... the chance rain should have been more like 300% with a tsunami warning. When I say it rained I meant it poured! It was sort of funny at one point becasue we saw a wicked rain wall heading right for us. All we could do was say "Oh crap" and get ready for it. When I say "we" I should really say Ryan and I, becasue Mark and his buddy Scott were dry and warm becasue they were hiding under their wussie top. (see pics). Normally, even in the summer or spring it it were raining this hard we would have called it quits, but no.... it's freakin December and we kept fishing in the cold rain. Both boats were relying on the bilege pums to keep the water out. To top it off, we had no real hard hits until thevery end of the day when a dink channel hit one of Mark's rods. I ended up loosing a $60 Richter anchor before we left too.What a day it was. We should have been like the 30,000 people that DIDN'T show up @ Paul Brown Staduim and have stayed home!

We couldn't wait to get the boats trailed up and head for the warm dry vehicles. On the way home we decided to stop by Wendy's to grab some food. I think we ate them out of food, but get this.... Wendy's had the freakin air conditior on. Yes, it's Decmber 10th and they had the freakin AC on. So it was actually warmer OUTSIDE than it was INSIDE! Again we couldn't wait to get back in the warm vehicles!

Now for the really great part. On my way home from work TODAY, I realized that I forgot to put the Skipjack and Shad back in the freezer YESTERDAY. Let's just say that my garage, (which is connected to my house) doesn't smell real good.

Oh well, I guess it's all just paying your dues, right?

Here is a picture of the wussie top that Mark and Scott had the luxury of hiding underneath!

Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! Marksbimi

Here is a picture of what true catfishermen will do when they need to stay warm and dry!

Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! Tarp

No telling what the Ohio can bring your way. I love this picture becasue Mark is no longer warm and dry! (He did however save his baot from this big tree that was coming right for them.)

Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! Marklog

Here is a picture of what the boats look like trailered and out of the tsunami.

Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! Wendys

Would I do all this again, just to get skunked????????? You bet I would!!!!!
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain!   Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:47 pm

Now Guy's And Gals, This Is What You Call Some Hard Core Fishermen Here Crazy But Hard Core And I Would Bo The Same Ting If It Wasn't 10 Degrees And A Foot Of Ice On The Water. LOLOL Thanks For Sharing Buddy. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Katfishing Cajun
Dime
Dime
Katfishing Cajun

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain!   Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:25 am

That what I'm talking about the only way those pics could be any better, would be one of those rods bent over to the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
katfish
Nickel
Nickel
katfish

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain!   Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:41 am

I called to see about the river before pullin my boat down Monday.
I heard it was blowed out and its a long haul for me.

I'll wait till its clean and green.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormpages.com/katchaser/index.html
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain!   Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:33 am

Man I sure do like that high rise top! Mine is level with the windshield. wonder where would I find one like that to fit my aluminum starcraft 16ft?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain!   Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bluecattin the Ohio River in the December Cincinnati Rain!
Page 1 of 1