BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Take a kid fishing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
steve7681
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Take a kid fishing Empty
PostSubject: Take a kid fishing   Take a kid fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:34 am

Around the state there is a program that allows senior citizens to go fishing with the help of many dedicated voluteers. It's called "Let's go fishing" It's a very good program that allows those people who cannot get out to participate in this wonderful sport/hobby. I applaud those who are involved in this. I wish I had the time to help out.

I know for me growing up, my Father took me out and the rest of my family out fishing in some gravel pits for bass and from the day forward..I was hooked (no pun intended!)

I heard a program on public radio about fishing license's are down quite a bit especially with the youger generation. It seems like almost anything can be done/ordered from their easy chair. We are losing our young people to the world of electronics, and I suspect it will only get worse (my opinion)

My question is, if anybody knows of a program that works the same way the "Let's go fishing" program works, but basically for the young people?

Fishing in its basic state is one of the most cheapest sports anyone can do. For $18.00 plus a few lures everyone can enjoy it, and for the young people, it is really affordable. And we all know that catching fish is not the only reason we all love this sport.

Maybe it is not a very realistic venture, but I know where it led me as a yougster that I have enjoyed now for the last 40 odd years.

Just something I have thought about since I first heard about the Senior Citizen program that is going on now

Thanks for listening

Steve Anderson
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Take a kid fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take a kid fishing   Take a kid fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:44 am

Well It's Not The Same Thing But I Know That Minnesota Has What They Call State Park Day, How It Works Is That Anyone Can Enter And Use The State Parks Free Of Charge And They Sure Did Here At Glacier Lakes State Park It Was Full Of Kids Fishing And Running The Trails. cheers cheers cheers O.H. Ya That Was This Last Weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
jman
Nickel
Nickel
jman

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Take a kid fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take a kid fishing   Take a kid fishing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:18 pm

Here we have KIDS FISHING day I think it is called. Adults with kids don't have to buy a license that day. oh I lve in INDIANA. I take my nephews whenever I can. I give each there own pole and tacklebox with tackle. They get to try anything in thier box they have a ball. if the fish cooperate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Take a kid fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take a kid fishing   Take a kid fishing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Take a kid fishing
Page 1 of 1