BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graybeard's jonboat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Graybeard's jonboat Empty
PostSubject: Graybeard's jonboat   Graybeard's jonboat I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:46 pm

This is my old monark jon I bought last year. Since I got it, I haven't used my Lund v-bottom hardly at all except for my Minnesota trip. It's 15'9" long, 70 inches wide and powered by a 15 horse Johnson. Not the fastest boat, but fine for me. Nothing fancy on it, a cheap depth finder, a trolling motor and that's about it. Plain and simple, just the way I like it. Don't have to be real careful, when I'm beating around on the river setting bank lines, ain't much I can hurt on it. Got a livewell in the center seat I plugged to make a storage box, and an anchor I can run from the back seat when I'm alone. I love this boat, wish I could get it in the water already.
Graybeard's jonboat 101_0210-1
Graybeard's jonboat 101_0209-1
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Graybeard's jonboat   Graybeard's jonboat I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Looks nice but a lund sounds nicer Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Graybeard's jonboat   Graybeard's jonboat I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Nice Little Unit There Buddy, Hey I Noticed That The Grass Is Getting Pretty Green So It Won't Be Long And You Will Be On The Water. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Graybeard's jonboat   Graybeard's jonboat I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:29 pm

Well, the lund is a little nicer, but this thing is lower and easier to fish out of, easier to load and unload, and my Nissan truck pulls it a lot easier. Besides, my Lund is kinda big for the rivers around here and I don't wanna tear it up.

Yep, Mike the grass is finally greening up, I suppose by the time I'm ready to fish, it'll be time to mow the darn grass! Oh well, with gas at 3.30 a gallon, i probably won't be able to keep gas in the mower and boat motor both. The lawn will just have to wait. Laughing
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Graybeard's jonboat   Graybeard's jonboat I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 pm

Yeppers I think fishing comes first, but will have to cut it a few times, mostly so I can see the crawlers. lol
Back to top Go down
timber
Admin
Admin
timber

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Graybeard's jonboat   Graybeard's jonboat I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:13 am

Mike almost cried the other day at the scrap yard. He seen one of these boats there, didn't look like there was anything wrong with it either. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graybeard's jonboat   Graybeard's jonboat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graybeard's jonboat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Information Corner :: Lets Talk Boats-
Jump to: