BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey

Go down 
+7
Ace
graybeard
Dragger
T.C.
Rockhound
North Star
anchorpuller
11 posters
AuthorMessage
anchorpuller
Dime
Dime
anchorpuller

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-12-11

You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey Empty
PostSubject: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:07 am

Yesterday, Friday, was the best day I've had in a long time. My itch to be on the lake was driving me insane. The beautiful weather here was begging for a trip to the lake. Alas, between school, work and studying cardiac rhythm strips (not my cup of tea), I was in a heck of a nasty mood.
Looking outside at the buds popping on the trees, the beginnings of Spring all around me, I made a decision.

I spent the best part of the morning rigging poles, cleaning leaves out of the boat, packing juice boxes and diet cokes in the cooler, and hooking up "The Lunker" (my flat bottom jon).

At 2:30, I went pulling into the school pick up line to get my two children. The teachers eyes and faces were funny as heck as I waved and shouted "Wanna Go Fishin?"

When the children seen me they ran (against the rules) to the van and jumped in excitedly. "We goin' fishin', Momma?" Oh yeeeeaaah.

Stopping at the bait store I told Tommy to have the girl dip us 4 dozen minnows while I got chips and ice. You would have thought I'd asked him to get ONE SPOONFUL of ice cream. He said "No way, Mom" "Gotta have more than that!" He came back with six dozen. LOL

Off we were, going down the road singing "You get a line and I'll get a pole, Honey"

Noticing white caps as we launched, I decided on a little tamer area and headed to the bridge to tie off. If it hadn't been for that wind, no jacket would have been needed at all. In fact, Tommy didn't wear his. It was stuffed under the front of the boat.

I told them that the first one to catch a fish would go on the internet. I lied. Here is a couple of shots of both of them. They are already working on planning next weeks Spring vacation around the weather for fishing!

We caught fish, but threw a bunch back that fell below the 10" limit. The kids had fun pulling them in though. And in between bites we had a spelling bee on the water, where Monkey Poop was spelled in stereo M. O. N. K. E. Y. ... you get the idea.

Hope y'all get out there and laugh soon, too!

You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey IMG_0011

This is my favorite shot of the day. Kim is worried as Tommy tries to control his catch.

You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey IMG_0013

You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey IMG_0015
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:21 am

AP I Am jealous I Love It Short Sleeves, Open Water And Smiles To Go With It, Thats What It Is All About Thank You For Sharing The Fun With Us. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Rockhound
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Rockhound

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:02 pm

Great pic AP"
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:17 pm

AP...My friend!!!!! You got out on the water!!!!...I know you have to feel better..LOL...I love the pictures...Tell your daughter to get use to that face...She will have to use it often when a man is around...LMBO....Congrats on your catch...And keep the stories coming..I love them all.....
Back to top Go down
Rockhound
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Rockhound

Number of posts : 596

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:39 pm

T.C. wrote:
AP...My friend!!!!! You got out on the water!!!!...I know you have to feel better..LOL...I love the pictures...Tell your daughter to get use to that face...She will have to use it often when a man is around...LMBO....Congrats on your catch...And keep the stories coming..I love them all.....

...Tell your daughter to get use to that face...She will have to use it often when a man is around...LMBO....
LOL, You might have a point there Tessie" lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:41 pm

I think that picture is priceless....LOL...There was no need to say a word...You can tell just what she is thinking by the look on her face...I love it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragger
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Dragger

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:07 pm

...............Wish I could go.......Way to go AP.......................
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:39 am

Great pics, AP, that's what it's all about. I had my week old grandson on my lap tonite telling him how we're gonna go fishing already. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ace
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Ace

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:24 am

Those are some happy kids.
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Good Story and Pics thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:35 pm

Great pics AP, happy kids and great memories.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:51 am

Great pics!
Back to top Go down
timber
Admin
Admin
timber

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:22 am

AP looks like it was a great day!!!! kids look to be having a great time!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey   You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Get A Line and I'll Get A Pole, Honey
Page 1 of 1