BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

feeling pretty sick right now

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

feeling pretty sick right now Empty
PostSubject: feeling pretty sick right now   feeling pretty sick right now I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Well Saturday morning I had a thorn go through my boot and into my boot. It didn't bother me that much at first but last night my foot was swelled up and had a rash all over it. The cable man was coming today so I had to wait until 11 to go to the ER. They didn't know what was going on so I left about 1 and waited for Dylan to get out of school so we could go hunting. I wasn't in the stand 30 before I got down. I had a small 3 pointer come in with a doe first and after they left I seen a shooter hop the fence. I lost sight of him and grunted a few times. A few minutes later I see him coming up the creek. He only had 8 points but they were big. He was way bigger than my 9 point I have mounted. I got him to stop in an open spot about 20 yards and shot. He turned a little bit as I squeezed the trigger and my first shot was way to far forward but he dropped on his chest and pushed himself for about 10 yards before getting his feet under him again. I put another shot in him and lost sight of him. I searched for over 2 hours tonight and didn't find much blood. I found a piece of his shoulder but never found him. We are going to look for him some more tomorrow. We seen a deer on the way out in a field that was limping real bad but couldn't shoot. We think it was him and hopefully he beds down in the holler and bleeds out. I didn't get a good look at him but I think he will be my biggest buck if we find him. It was only about a minute from the time he jumped the fence and the time I shot. I could only see him for about 15 seconds coming through the open spots before I shot. I walked about 5 miles all over this farm and that was real good for my foot. It is killing me now and I know I wont sleep a wink tonight thinking about that deer.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: feeling pretty sick right now   feeling pretty sick right now I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:55 am

Hell of a story Willy and i hope you got your deer let us know what ya found, i got stabbed by a buck-thorn once and my arm swelled up like that and man did it hurt and took about a month before things were back to normal, hope your foot gets better soon.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: feeling pretty sick right now   feeling pretty sick right now I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Our friend Greg coon hunts a lot and has a dog named L.C. If there is any blood and that deer is dead he will find it. A friend of his shot a monster and had him out searching for it when I shot my 8 point. Unfortunately it rained all day today wiping away the blood trail and anything else that L.C. could follow. My dad searched for him from daylight to 11 before he had to go to Louisville. The only thing we can do now is watch for buzzards I guess or hope we stumble upon him squirrel hunting. If he kept going past that holler there is a road and he is onto another farm that we can't search. He wasn't the biggest buck on the farm but he was still bigger than my biggest. Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise because I have about a week that I am going to Adair county to hunt if I don't fill my buck tag in the next few days. I would of still rather just missed him though.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: feeling pretty sick right now   feeling pretty sick right now I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:53 pm

I had something like that happen with a deer...Never found him......You better take care of that foot.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: feeling pretty sick right now   feeling pretty sick right now I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:24 pm

My foot is alot better now. It hasn't swollen up any since I went to the hospitol and the rash has pretty much disappered. I'm pretty sure the shot was further forward than I though and caught the front edge of his shoulder blade. He will be hurting for a while but he should live. Hopefully me or someone else will get another crack at him and put him down. I don't think I am going to Adair county now. If I do go it wont be as long.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: feeling pretty sick right now   feeling pretty sick right now I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 am

That sucks on the deer and foot. Glad your foot is feeling better! Hope you find the deer or he heals up enough to live. Good luck on your hunting and keep us up to date on things!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feeling pretty sick right now   feeling pretty sick right now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feeling pretty sick right now
Page 1 of 1