BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Been Busy All Morning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Been Busy All Morning Empty
PostSubject: Been Busy All Morning   Been Busy All Morning I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Today after getting the grand kids feed breakfast we went down to the garden/swamp to dig a hole for watering the garden in the early part of the growing season to get things started good. Next to my garden about 75 feet away i have a swamp filled with water and is doing not much good for anything, so me and my son Josh went down and dug a shallow well.
Here is a picture of the spot were we dug the hole at before we dug the hole.
Been Busy All Morning 100_5791
Been Busy All Morning 100_5792
Now i knew that this was really going to suck towards the end of the dig because we are digging about 5 feet away from the water and i knew that it would leak water in the hole. Well it started doing that when we got about 1/2 way done and it was not fun at all digging mud and wet clay.
Here is a few pics of Josh digging the hole, we had to get it about a foot deeper than the tank.
Been Busy All Morning 100_5795
Been Busy All Morning 100_5793
Been Busy All Morning 100_5794
After you get so far in the dig it gets to deep to really get a good shovel full so Josh hope on in the hole with a small kettle and started scooping the mud and water, here are a few pics of Josh doing that and i felt sorry for him to lololol.
Been Busy All Morning 100_5797
Been Busy All Morning 100_5796
So after a ass load of digging then checking the depth and having to dig some more then checking the depth again and having to dig some more we finally got it to were we needed it. We dropped it in the hole then got the trench dug for the pipe to lay in and guess what we have water at the garden, It still has to be paled to the garden but hell that sure beats the hell out of having to pail it right from the swamp it's self. And i can't afford to get a gas pump at this time due to short on funds so this will just have to do for now, here are a couple pics of the tank filling with water.
Been Busy All Morning 100_5799
Been Busy All Morning 100_5800
And here it is after it is full.
Been Busy All Morning 100_5801
Now as long as we don't get to bad this year i will always have water don't there.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com

Been Busy All Morning
Page 1 of 1