BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oil Spill Sucks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 am

Hey Greg have you been down and seen what the shores are like there, it sounds like it is pretty bad there. ???
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

This is devastating to the whole Gulf coast and my lifestyle and everyone that fishes.....The oil isnt here yet but it will be...After it hits the beaches it could be years before fishing is normal....I have been nearly sick to my stomach with depression because of this and there nothing that I can do but watch...I doubt I will be able to move because property values will drop to rock bottom...Who wants to live near a sludge beach with dead fish odor in the air?.....I feel bad about the men that died in the explosion on that rig but I wish the oil companies would have been ready for the leak,,,It seems to me that the government should have made sure that there was a plan in place for deep water pipe capping....The result of not having a backup plan in place is going to put a big dagger in the heart of this countrys economy.....Shrimping, crabbing, fishing, travel, tourism, restuarants, motels, hotels, condos, real estate and all other businesses will suffer if not fail because of British Petroleum.

I have a bunch of lead that I can not sale now because no one here will want it...I may be posting some new prices to get rid of it soon......I had 100 pounds ready to sell to a marina until the oil leak was discovered as well as several rod racks lined up to sell...The guy backed out at the last minute....I'm thinking 2 to 3 dollars a pound..I will not be making many fishing racks anymore but I will be making gun racks, outdoor furniture, bird houses/feeders,,but nothing fishing related....I'm hoping that the economy holds up long enough for me to make a little cash at the flea markets so I can stash some cash for travel purposes.

If you guys dont see me on much for awhile its just because I'm down in the dumps over this crap.....I'll See you guys soon though.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:00 pm

we feel ur sadness too ...the gulf shores are an were a very pretty place ....back in 79 an 80 s i was living down in fl. ,la. an miss ...ya its really sad that this happened Oil Spill Sucks 9562 Oil Spill Sucks 629730
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Greg you know we are here all the time, it is really sad and i have been bitching about this since it happen. I cannot believe the morons had no backup plan what so ever for a time like this, for Christ sakes with something like this it is bound to happen sooner or later why the hell wait till it happens to scratch your ass and now what do we do. Were here buddy just check in now and then so we know your still ok.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:09 am

It gets more depressing everyday...I'm try to look at for a positive light but I dont think there is one to be found right now...Its finally sinking in to all of the gulf coasts head that this is real and there is nothing we can do about it....Lots of folks are scrambling now to sell out/get out and try to start a new life elsewhere....I wake up in the mornings hoping its al a bad dream but I cant get that lucky.

I am looking into catfishing up the rivers around here to keep my fishing gear busy but its just not the same as redfishing...I'll give it a try though.... I think with all the info I've picked up on these websites and talking to folks like Pappy in texas I'll make a good catfisherman.....I am planning one more fishing trip tonight for pics and one more shot at a redfish from these waters....The oil is supposed to be here by Sunday....I still have to check to see if the beach is open at my fishing hole or if they have it surrounded with that yellow oil guard thing.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

From what i have heard, the oil has reached the beaches this morning already but i haven't heard anything else since about 7AM this morning. I just got home from doing all my running and haven't heard the news yet, I know how much you love your red-fishing Greg but cat-fishing is also a great time and just as tasty to hope things work out for you on that and selling your stuff.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:35 pm

I heard about that happen, its pretty sad to see the oil spill in the ocean and around the shore.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Its gonna effect all of us....The way I see it is that this is another ploy to get gas prices up as well as food prices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oil Spill Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill Sucks   Oil Spill Sucks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil Spill Sucks
Page 1 of 1