BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First speeding ticket?

Go down 
+4
richardcatdaddy
bluegill
North Star
saltfisher1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

First speeding ticket? Empty
PostSubject: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:58 am

My first speeding ticket was when I was 17 and driving a 77 model trans am in the city of Robertsdale Al...I had just bought the car and the speedodometer cable was broke so I had to guess the speed.....I was pulled over for doing 57 in a 45 but I think the cop was adding on a bit....Costed $97 and a ear full of fussing from mom.

When was you first ticket?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:23 am

I have never had a speeding ticket in my life and the way it sounds now they are spendy and i don't want one either. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:05 am

I've never had a speeding ticket in my life either. I would never want one!
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Freshman year high school.1969 GTX.Trying to outrun the local cops and did.Problem was the cop that was after lived on the same street and when I got home sometime after midnight,him and mom were in the front yard waiting on me.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:05 pm

.LOL...that would suck.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 pm

i was 16, i got first speed ticket at late midnight so i drove a buick at 80mph on 55mph limit speed so it was suck!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:28 am

richardcatdaddy wrote:
Freshman year high school.1969 GTX.Trying to outrun the local cops and did.Problem was the cop that was after lived on the same street and when I got home sometime after midnight,him and mom were in the front yard waiting on me.

I bet it sucked to be you that night!~! lol!
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Mine was my senior year of high school. Me and a buddy were headed to Austin to do some partying. It had just turned dark and I pulled out to pass 3 cars. As soon as I pulled back in my lane the third set of head lights in the other lane turned in to red and blue lights. He clocked me at 70 in a 55 and that was after I had let off the gas. Oh by the way I had a 72 Coupe De Ville with a 472. I am glad he wasn't close enough to clock me at the 80 that I actually did when I passed those cars. After I got that ticket my dad gave me some sound advice -- never drive faster than what you have in your wallet to pay the ticket. That was my first and only traffic ticket.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Now for the rest of my story.The cops knew they couldnt catch that big old 440 magnum in the GTX,And stop sticks werent around yet,they drove nails into 2x4s and knowing I would run if they got behind me,they lit me up one night and I hit the only back road close to me.2 miles up the road they were waiting on me and I hit the 2x4s at close to 90.Blew 3 tires and thru a fence,down an embankment and upside down into a creek.After it was all said and done,the 3 cops were fire for reckless endangerment of a minor,causing the wreck and waiting 45 minutes before calling for a ambulance.I was in a body cast 5 months while all my busted parts healed up.Wasnt the last fast car I had,but it broke me from running from the cops because I had a fast car.
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:20 pm

richardcatdaddy wrote:
Now for the rest of my story.The cops knew they couldnt catch that big old 440 magnum in the GTX,And stop sticks werent around yet,they drove nails into 2x4s and knowing I would run if they got behind me,they lit me up one night and I hit the only back road close to me.2 miles up the road they were waiting on me and I hit the 2x4s at close to 90.Blew 3 tires and thru a fence,down an embankment and upside down into a creek.After it was all said and done,the 3 cops were fire for reckless endangerment of a minor,causing the wreck and waiting 45 minutes before calling for a ambulance.I was in a body cast 5 months while all my busted parts healed up.Wasnt the last fast car I had,but it broke me from running from the cops because I had a fast car.

Now that really sucks!. BTW, a GTX was my dream car when I was 17. I settled for a Pontiac GTO, and that was fast enough. Actually tho, in 39 years of driving, I've yet to get a traffic ticket. Not that I didn't deserve one plenty of times lol.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:17 am

That really sucks, Rick. Glad to hear the cops were fired etc. for the things they done. Don't sound like your mom and the cop waited in the front yard for too long before your mom got the call from the police that you were in the hospital..
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Well i never have got a speeding ticket but have been chased by the cop also and yes got away, this is the funny part because they never got my plate number. The cop went down to were my dad was working and had worked for many years and ask were i was, mt dad asked why ?? and the cop said because we were just chasing him. He said well do you know were he is and my dad said no but as long as you don't have a plate number and you never caught him then you have nothing on him. The cop got all red in the face and stormed out of the building and said on his way out that we will get him next time lmaooo, my dad said good luck. Now that was by far the end of it and i think i would have been better off getting caught by the cops because i got the worse beating in my life that day. First i got it from my dad when he got home from work, then my dad left on a service call and man when my mom got home i got it again i was 16 years old. I can remember that just as if it happened yesterday lolol and it was back in 1980 lolol.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:21 pm

i WANT A 1970 gto judge,PROLLY NEVER GET ONE THO.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:35 pm

My car was a Ford Galaxy 500 with a 289 four barrel that car could go.
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Mine wasn't a Judge, just a regular 1970 "goat". Man I wish I still had that car. Speedometer went to 160 if I remember right, never had the guts to try to bury it, tho. Had it up to 140 once, and that was fast enough. Back then I didn't think nothing of driving at 100 mph if the road was clear. Jeez, it scares me now just to think about it.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 am

first n only ticket i got was in indiana doing 75 in a 65....he would let me slide may be till he took a look in my log book ....from ci. oh. to northren indiana in 15 minutes opppps after all said n done ..my total bill from tryin to get home a little sooner for the week end $245 bucks an a stay over at the flyin j truckstop ......good food tho lololol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First speeding ticket?   First speeding ticket? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First speeding ticket?
Page 1 of 1