BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wolf Tracks

Go down 
+3
marlboro920
bluegill
North Star
7 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Ok i haven't said anything yet about this, but about 2 weeks ago the paper guy that delivers our papers every weekend thought he seen a huge wolf across the road from our house. Well i didn't think much of it at the time other than COOL and that it wouldn't surprise me because we have had bear around here also that is not suppose to be here, but then the neighbor thought he seen it one night crossing the road on his way home from work so it was starting to be more believable. Well then josh my youngest son said that he seen tracks on the road up by the mail box but we never took any pictures of them at that time which was just the other evening. Well i went for a walk today because it is 52 degrees here the sun is out and it is awesome out and i took the camera with to take a few pics and guess what, i found tracks on the gravel road in among deer tracks that are all over the place also so i took pics and will be posting them shortly and they are huge, i wear a 9 1/2 shoe and i stepped by one of the tracks to give you a guide, well you will see once i get them posted.
Wolf Tracks 100_5574
Wolf Tracks 100_5573
Wolf Tracks 100_5581
Wolf Tracks 100_5580
Here are the deer tracks and this is just a few there thick all over the road but my dang memory card got full on me and i couldn't take any more pics, i will take more tomorrow as long as it's nice out and i can go for a walk again.
Wolf Tracks 100_5569
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:08 pm

WOW!~! Those are sure some BIG tracks, Mike. Lots of deer prints too! I would keep a close eye to see if it's a wolf or not... Keep us updated if you will!
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 pm

thats kewl ....i love tracking ....tryin to figure out what it is that made them ...couple years ago went hunting with my brotherinlaw....wasent any deer around so i tracked him ....he couldent figure out how i kept finding him lololololol
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:15 pm

Those are cool! We found some cat tracks back on december close to that size on a small chunk of land we hunt.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:16 am

Thats a big track!!!
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:38 am

The first description that was given was a salt and pepper color with white on the head and front of the animal that was also described to be about 4 feet tall, i look at the foot prints in pics 2 and 3 and i would also say that it is a heavy animal also. affraid
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:59 am

Mike, Matt suggested that the animal (wolf) is about 140 lbs. It wouldn't surprise me if he was about right from the size of the prints.
Back to top Go down
radish
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
radish

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Mike don't go out dressed like Little Red Rideing Hood. I have freiends that have killed them in Alaska and say they are as big as deer. Some over 150#.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:17 pm

I hear ya John, im going to go for a walk again today and see what else i can find for tracks or evidence of this, it's kinda spooky because of there potential but yet it is fun tracking such a thing at the same time. We had a bear here a couple years ago right across the road from the house, there it was during deer bow hunting season and there was a guy that walked out to his tree stand and got in it. Well the sun came up and he was hearing noises the whole time till light, he then looked up in the trees as he heard a sound that came from above him. guess what, the bear was in the same tree about 20 feet above his head lolol he did not crawl out of the tree he jump and ran. lmaoooo so it is not out of the question that a wolf would be around here, it would be cool to see him but at a distance lolol. cheers
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Yep, I have seen that wolf tracks at up north cabin during deer season.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 am

I think e have a few around here. Several years ago when me and dad were coming home from hunting we seen some kind of dog like creature down in some bottoms. He was huge and I would say he was every bit of 150 pounds. I think it was a pet that got lose though. My old neighbor had one that had 4 different kinds of wolf in him. He was the biggest thing I had ever seen. From the tip of his head the base of his tail was about 6 feet long and we would give him our deer after we boned them off. He was beautiful and probably weighed over 150.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolf Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Tracks   Wolf Tracks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf Tracks
Page 1 of 1