BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looks good

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Looks good Empty
PostSubject: Looks good   Looks good I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:34 pm

When my parents got their tax money back they gave me and my sister 50 bucks and of course off to the local sporting goods store we went. I already had an 8 foot Americat rod and I loved it. I walked in and I was looking at some 8 and 9 foot camo prowlers (also made by wildcat productions) and some 8-10 foot nightsticks before I noticed an americat rod behind the counter. I know the owner (Ronny) really good. Right before the last tournament he hosted I bought my 8 foot americat and the tournament was the first place I got to use it. They wanted the winners to stay after everyone left for pictures and money. I was talking to Ronny about how much I liked that 8 footer and said I would like to get a 9 footer just like it. He said he had it put back for a couple months waiting on me and never could remember to tell me he had it in. Anyway I took the 6500c4 off the 8 footer to put on the 9 footer and put my 6600d6 on the 8 footer. I doubt you have ever seen an americat rod but they are pretty sharp looking and not a real bad price (30 for 8 footers and 35 for 9 footer). Ronny sells his stuff as cheap as they do online but you don't have to pay shipping for Ronny's stuff.

Looks good 105_3418

Looks good 105_3416
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks good   Looks good I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:36 am

Awesome, Willy!~! Glad to hear you got another rod that you love. I have to get busy and get my stuff all done up for this year. Cleaning rods and reels, relining, cleaning out tackle boxes and re-stuffing them. I use two different tackle boxes.. One is for bobber fishing and the other for my terminal tackle for bottom/catfishing... I also have to get the name of a reel that I LOVE for my bluegill fishing. It's an micro reel. I have had it about 12 years and it finally seen the last of it's days the first time I took it out last year. So, I have to replace that reel...
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks good   Looks good I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:47 am

I have been all my reels oiled up, wiped the reels off, and wiped the rods off (gotta make sure they look good), tied a bunch of bobber stops, went to a craft store and bought a big bag of little beads, and tied a bunch of leaders. I still need to go back to the craft store and buy some big beads and buy a bunch of lines. I have 7 ambassadeurs that hold 150 yards of 20 pound test, 1 ambassadeur that holds 300 yards of 20, 3 bass reels that hold around 120 yards of 12, plus my little stealth that holds like 110 of 8. It is probably going to cost 30 bucks to respool all of them.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks good   Looks good I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:53 pm

I've never said this to another man before, Nice Rack!! lol!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks good   Looks good I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 pm

lol! Greg but I was talking about the rod and reel. Didn't you buy a 6600c4 a while back like my 6500c4? If so how have you liked it? I know the only difference in 6600 and 6500 is the thumbbar but how have you liked the c4 series. I got a 6600d6 and love it. I have it on an Americat like the 6500 but shorter rod. I will pics of it later when I get on the computer. I can't upload pics on my iPod.

Instead of another post I will just add to this one. Here is mini me.

Looks good 105_3423

I love that 6600d6 for channels. It will cast a little slip float and 1/4 ounce of weight as far as I need it to. 130 bucks but worth every penny. It is a little smaller than what I thought I was getting (2 ounces less than the c4s) but they must of took it off the sides because the spool only holds 5 yards less of 20 pound test than the c4s.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks good   Looks good I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:58 am

Looks great, Willy!~! Hope it produces you some good catches this year!~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks good   Looks good I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks good
Page 1 of 1