BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol

Go down 
+8
richardcatdaddy
arlington
newfie2007
saltfisher1
North Star
bluegill
Deerslayer
graybeard
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol Empty
PostSubject: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:43 pm

I been on a pretty serious diet here lately. I love my meat and taters, and I mean a lot of meat. For a normal meal, I would easy eat one and a half pork steaks, cover em with cheese, some potatoes, and whatever else we was having. 4 pieces of fried chicken easy, sometimes more. I love Cheetos, I would buy a big family size bag, and I could eat it all in 3 or 4 sittings while I was on the computer. I've been in the 275-280 range for a while, but last fall I went to the doctor and I was at 293. I decided, this ain't gonna continue, or I'll be on the top side of 300 before long. Well, I didn't start anything before the holidays, just tried to take it a little easy, then started after new years. I been weaning myself off certain things, cutting back on others, and eating a whole lot more fruits and vegetables than I ever have. I'm pretty much down to 2000 calories or less/day now, and that ain't a whole lot of food compared to what I was used to. Although it's been a little easier than I thought. I also try to ride the exercise bike at least 30 minutes a day now. I was down to 277 tonite, so it's coming off a little. My goal is to be at 260 by the end of March, 240 by the end of July and hopefully down to 220 by next Thanksgiving. It's not gonna be easy, but it sure would be a load off my feet and knees, not to mention helping the old ticker out. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Deerslayer
Dime
Dime
Deerslayer

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Good luck with the weight loss, sounds like you are on the right track and have a good game plan.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:23 am

Good luck on your weight loss, greybeard!~! I've heard from other people that diets are pure hell sometimes.... Hopefully it won't be too bad for you. You'll feel much better when you get some weight off for sure! Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm anxious to hear about your progress and I'm sure everyone else wll be too... I know Mike and his wife are on a diet too and have lost some weight...
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:19 am

Yep we are Peg, im on the start of the 4th week and have lost 26lbs already, we have been eating lots of the low calorie soups and there are some real good ones out there to. we also eat lots of salads very low calorie but watch that dressing even the low fat ones have lots of calories. I also make my own home made soups from like cabbage soup, even mixed vegetable soup yummy with a little beef broth. Yep it can be hard when your body is use to eating 6000 calories a day, i got up to 260lbs and said that was enough myself, good luck buddy were in the same boat with ya, we will get the pounds off so we can pig out when you make your trip up here next time. lolol I will be thinking about ya buddy. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:51 am

That's cool, Mike. We can give each other encouragement. I've ate more lettuce, celery, grapes, apple, etc. the last few weeks than I've eaten for years. I havent tried the low cal soups yet, I'll have to check that out. I read a normal serving of meat is about the size of a deck of cards, hell, I used to eat that in one good bite!lol. I've been allowing myself one meal a week where I can cheat, many diets I've studied allow or even recomend that. Last nite I had some pizza. I figured up roughly how many calories I was eating before, and it ain't no wonder I was gaining weight. But damn, I love to eat!
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:16 pm

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:47 pm

I stopped eating any sweets the day after Thanksgiving, cutting back on any fried food etc,, I use Spelenda ........I gained 10 friggggin pounds. CrApPpPpPpppP!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:31 pm

That sucks, John. Nothing worse than cutting back and still gaining weight. It's happened to me before. You think your doing good till you step on the scale. I'm doing pretty good so far, I been weighing myself every day or so, and it's been going down. The first pounds go off the easiest tho, I know it will get tougher. Best part is tho, I'm getting used to eating smaller portions, and I don't eat till I feel like I'm gonna bust anymore.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 am

You know and yes you can call me slow, i never caught on to the title of this till now Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 209995 That is bad on my behalf, i sure hope it works out for ya buddy i have found that it can be a roller coaster at times. On them days you have to be a little stricter with yourself the next day and that can really get to a person, how many calorie diet are you on. ???

I sat down the day i started my diet and figured out how many calories i was consuming everyday and it scared the hell out of me, here i was consuming on an average of 3000 to 4000 calories a day and some days more. (MacDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's,) I tried the smaller portion of food before and i just couldn't do it that way, i had to cut all that stuff out and only have that what i call a treat once a week. Now i still eat a whole can of soup (Select Harvest Soups are awesome, and Progresso Light Soups are very good they are low in calories 160 to 180 calories per whole can.) plus a couple pieces of whole wheat bread 45 calories per slice with blue bonnet butter at 40 calories 2 tablespoons and last but not least a salad with tomato's and french dressing for another 30 calories for a grand total of 340 calories.

Now like i said above i was consuming more close to the 4000 calories a day and now i eat 1 good meal a day for about 400 calories or less (i try for about 350 cal), then when i get the want for a snack they make some good snacks out there like microwave popcorn at 100 calories per bag, rice cakes i like the cheddar cheese flavor the best out of them. There are many snacks that can get ya threw the day, hell even another salad is a awesome and filling snack. Ok any who i hope that it truly works out for ya buddy it is very hard work to be on a diet that is for sure, my goal is to get down to were i use to be at 160lbs i have lost 30 and am going to keep going till i get to my goal. Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 29755 Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 9562 Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 29755
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

My dinner for today.

Salad.
2 cups lettuce.
1/2 cup tomato's.
2 table spoons light french dressing.

Soup.
Progresso light chicken & Dumpling.

Sandwich.
Chicken salad sandwich.

Desert.
Dannon light and fit yogurt.

salad 75 calories.
soup 80 calories.
sandwich 156 calories.
Yogurt 60 calories.

Total calories = 371 calories

Awesome meal folks.
Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 100_5499
Back to top Go down
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:55 pm

that looks good mike, I been eating whole wheat bread 1 or 2 slices ,yogurt,kiwi,a glass of water or juice and a mug of tea. thats what i have's for my breakfast every moring i usely have's 1 slices of bread and i might have 2 some times.And its still not helping i got to get my supper meals down a bet now and i well be good i think lol. I eats breakfast and denner at the same time i only haves 2 meals a day and lunch befor bed.
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Well, I found a site on the web somewhere, plugged in weight, height, age etc, and it said to maintain my weight I need 3200 calories a day. It also said if I keep at about 2200 calories a day, I'd be down to 220 by Dec. 15. I'm a pretty big framed guy, I can't hardly imagine being much smaller than that. Anyway, I'm trying to stay between 2000-2200 calories a day. Breakfast is usually a couple slices of bacon, sometimes turkey sometimes pork, a fried egg, and sometimes a serving of instant oatmeal. That's about 400 calories. About 9:30, I'll have some celery with just a touch of peanut butter, an apple or banana, or some grapes. Dinner is usually a small portion of leftovers from supper, or if there are none, maybe a turkey sandwich on some low calorie bread. I eat a lettuce salad every day for dinner, plus another fruit of some kind. Usually an apple or banana again around 3:00, then supper is whatever the wife makes, or if she's working, maybe a hamburger patty (or deer steak) and a salad. I keep a few pretzels and some little low cal cookies she found somewhere in my dinner pail, and sometimes add a little of that also. My biggest thing is eating smaller portions, and I seem to be getting used to that. Eating more often also helps, as I don't gorge myself when it is meal time. I been doing pretty good, although this weekend I went out to eat Fri. nite for sister-in-laws b-day, then went to a fishing outing Saturday including a pot luck dinner. Sure enough, put on a couple lbs over the weekend. Fortunately, I absolutely hate fast food, and don't really like going to restaraunts either. We usually go out to eat a couple times a month to keep the wife happy, otherwise I'd just eat at home. Plus I try to ride the exercise bike or walk for at least 35-40 min at least 5 days/week. Anyway, I was at 290 at Thanksgiving, didn't start dieting till after New Years, and I'm down under 270 already. I also know it will slow down as time goes by and the weight comes off, but so far I've been able to disciplne myself to eat less and eat better w/o any problem. Hopefully I can keep it up. I've been weighing myself every morning, some say just once a week is better, but I'd rather keep closer tabs on it and see the changes daily.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 am

Buddy keep up the good work it is tough at times but hey if we cave men can do it we should be all set for the gorge at the holidays next year. lolol i need to find me one of them charts like you found that is interesting, i only ever find the charts that you put your info in that tells me what weight i should be. i started a couple days after new years and have lost about 32lbs already, i lose about 2lbs a day sometimes a little more if i am active outside and burn up more calories. Any who keep up the good work buddy i feel much better than i did on January 1st, OH and i to eat out every weekend most times at Subway other times we have a little restaurant (the ginger bread house) that we stop at on the paper route but i still always eat light even though it's hard not to buy that big meal. GOOD LUCK BUDDY WE CAN DO IT. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:27 pm

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

Mike, try this link, it's not the same one I found originally, but similar. I'll check when I get home, I may have it bookmarked.

Hopefully, we can get our picture taken together again this summer, and it won't look nothin' like last years! cheers
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:09 pm

graybeard wrote:
http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

Mike, try this link, it's not the same one I found originally, but similar. I'll check when I get home, I may have it bookmarked.

Hopefully, we can get our picture taken together again this summer, and it won't look nothin' like last years! cheers
Thanks and AMEN to the picture. cheers
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Today's main meal, medium baked potato, 1/2 cup peas, 4 oz meatloaf.

Meatloaf 4 oz's = 187 calories

Medium baked potato = 100 calories

1/2 cup of peas = 70 calories

2 Tablespoons sour cream = 60 calories

1 Tablespoon Blue Bonnet Light = 40 calories

1 yogurt = 60 calories

For a grand total of 517 Calories

I may not eat the Yogurt yet not sure, if not it will be 457 for a grand total.
Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 100_5500
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:14 pm

4 oz of meat ain't much, is it Mike?lol At least not if you eat meat the way I used to.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Yes i was the same way buddy, and it's even harder when the meat is made perfect to. lolol
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Today it is

Leftover Meatloaf Sandwich.
Cottage Cheese.
Salad.
Rootbeer.

Meatloaf 187 Calories.

Bread 2 slices 90 Calories.

Cottage Cheese 1/2 Cup 90 Calories

Salad With Tomato's And French Dressing 75 Calories

Pop Diet Rootbeer 0 Calories.

Depending on my activity today i will snack the rest of the day then have maybe another salad and some Popcorn before bed.

Grand Total Today is 442 Calories.
Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 100_5501
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Today is one of my favorite meals.

Home made vegetable soup.
Chicken salad sandwiches.
Cottage Cheese YUCK. lol

Vegetable soup = 1 1/2 cups 45 calories

Chicken Salad Sandwich = 156 calories bread included.

Cottage Cheese = 1/2 cup 90 calories

1 can of Diet DR Mountain Lightning = 0 calories.

For a grand total of = 291 calories

There is still room for a salad later on and some popcorn and other snacks lolol.
Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 100_5504-1
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Today's meal.

1 medium potato (6oz's) shredded and fried into hash-browns = 100 calories

1 Large Egg = 105 calories

3 1/2 pieces bacon = 61 calories

1 Can Diet Mountain Thunder = 0 calories

For a grand total of = 266 calories

Have room for more calories later lolol.
Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol 100_5507
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 pm

So how's the diet going, Mike? I've kinda hit that spot where it starts slowing down, guess I'm gonna have to kick it up a notch. I'm at 265 now, and it isn't coming off near as fast as it was. But I'm still ahead of schedule, so I'll keep plugging away.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:19 pm

I am six one,236.But most of is round the mid section,but I am down to 236 from 255.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol   Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not gonna see as much of me as before (I hope) lol
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next