BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Local Bars Say DWI Law is One Reason for Closings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Local Bars Say DWI Law is One Reason for Closings Empty
PostSubject: Local Bars Say DWI Law is One Reason for Closings   Local Bars Say DWI Law is One Reason for Closings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:44 am

ALEXANDRIA, Minn - The .08 DWI law was cited by the owners Bug-A-Boo Bay and Trophy's bar as a major reason why they will be closing down Jan. 1.

Fat Daddy's owner Chad Meyer said that while the DWI does contribute to the hurting bar scene, it's only one of several factors hurting local bars.

"It's tough because people really don't know how much .08 is, so they just have a pop or stay home," said Meyer.

Meyer acknowledged that both the downturned economy as well as the smoking ban have also played a role in the loss of business.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy Wade Lerfald blamed the economy, and said the DWI law should not carry the blame for lackluster business.

"The major reason is the economy. It has nothing to do with .08,' said Douglas County Deputy Wade Lerfald.

But Fat Daddy's customer Dale Carlson disagrees.

"Before the change I didn't think about it, but after it changed I had a lot of friends that got DWI's with like .09, so now it's like lets just stay home" said Carlson.

But Lerfald says his job is to make sure people get from "point A to point B safe" and that will not change.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com

Local Bars Say DWI Law is One Reason for Closings
Page 1 of 1