BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Christmas Present

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

My Christmas Present Empty
PostSubject: My Christmas Present   My Christmas Present I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:03 am

My stepson recently bought an iMac computer. He liked it so well that he bought me one. Not just a little dinky thing. It's a great biggun with a 24" screen and all the bells and whistles. I spent about 2 or 3 hours fooling with the thing and decided me and Macintosh are just not compatible. Now I know why 98% of all computers have windows installed on them. This thing is just not user friendly at all and on top of that, I'm getting too old to learn new things.

I called him and told him I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but this thing just wasn't for me. He said his partner was wanting one for his office and he could give it to him and save him from having to buy another one. He offered to get me a new PC with Windows, but I told him I was satisfied with the one I have.

He did good last year though. He gave me a GPS and I absolutely love it.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas Present   My Christmas Present I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:42 am

Yep MAC don't get along with me either, i have EMACHINE now and love it, i bought a GPS at a garage sale and haven't even tried it out yet mine is a hand held. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas Present   My Christmas Present I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:45 am

Yeah Mac and Linux take some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas Present   My Christmas Present I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:14 pm

My GPS is a dash mount unit that talks. I don't know how I ever got along without one. I drove a truck for many years and was pretty good with using a map and my instincts, but this thing is wonderful on trips. Tells you about anything you need to know when traveling. Looking for a Hardee's or Burger King? It will locate the nearest one for you. Tells you how far to the next turn, what lane to get in ahead of time, how fast you're going, etc.

I bought a handheld one a few years ago for fishing, but sold it when we moved because I thought I would be mostly river fishing up here and could remember my spots.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas Present   My Christmas Present I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 am

I haven't heard many good things about Mac computers myself. I have also heard that they are NOT user friendly at all. Sorry to hear that you didn't like it. Glad that you liked your GPS. I have heard very good things about them and we're selling them like hotcakes at work for Christmas presents this year.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Ace

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas Present   My Christmas Present I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:52 pm

Merry Christmas to all it's been a while since I have been on the site
I saw this post and though I would reply. I built my computer this Christmas
it will be 3 years old. I installed Window XP on it when I built it.
It has been running trouble free for 3 years. Grumpy I am like you
with out it I have USB cord that came with it plug it in to my computer
an it updates my maps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Christmas Present   My Christmas Present I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Christmas Present
Page 1 of 1