BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beware of new holiday scam.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Beware of new holiday scam. Empty
PostSubject: Beware of new holiday scam.   Beware of new holiday scam. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:18 pm

I got this in an email and it seems like it could really happen!

Watch out for this while shopping
Check your receipts before you leave the register, no matter what
store you are in.
From a WalMart customer:
"It happened to me at Wal-Mart (Supercenter Store #1279,
Eau Claire, WI 54701 ) a month ago. I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, and I glanced at my receipt as the cashier
was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She
said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor. Supervisor
came & said I'd have to take it. I said NO!
Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't
paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole
order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything! The second time I looked at the
electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she
deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective. Obviously
the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning. Can
you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?
Just to alert everyone. My co- worker went to Duluth, MN Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the
cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt.
She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co- worker didn't look at
her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR
CASH BACK. My co worker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then
called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this: This is a new scam going on. The cashier
will key in that you asked for cash back and then pocket it or hand it to her friend who is the next person in
line. Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards! This is NOT
limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Beware of new holiday scam. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beware of new holiday scam.   Beware of new holiday scam. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:08 pm

I'd be kicking some ass.
Back to top Go down

Beware of new holiday scam.
Page 1 of 1