BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I thought flu shots were free

Go down 
+2
North Star
Grumpy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

I thought flu shots were free Empty
PostSubject: I thought flu shots were free   I thought flu shots were free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:33 pm

We had several opportunities to buy flu shots but were waiting for them to come in at the Health Department because we thought they were free. The health department we went to is also a VA clinic and that's where I go for my VA stuff.

Me and the old woman went there the other day and got both kinds of flu shots. When we got ready to leave, they said there was a $25.00 charge. Mine were covered by the VA, and the seasonal flu shot was free for Brenda, but they was charging $25.00 for the H1N1 shot. I wasn't very happy and let them know about it. I gave the woman a $100 bill and she said they couldn't change it. My wife started to take some money from her purse, but I elbowed her and shook my head. It was the $100 bill or nothing. They gave me the money back and said I could pay it later. I told my wife they would have a hell of a time ever collecting that $25.00. After I thought about it for a while, I decided I would pay it next time I was there though.

I still don't think they are supposed to be charging for the shots. What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: I thought flu shots were free   I thought flu shots were free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Well i don't get the shots because they my us sick (my family) when we get them and i mean hospital sick, but i have heard that also grumpy that they are suppose to be free.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: I thought flu shots were free   I thought flu shots were free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Thats BS aint it.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: I thought flu shots were free   I thought flu shots were free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:04 pm

same here mike ....never thought some thing that would help ya would hurt ya too ....just sumptin wrong with that !
Back to top Go down
Deerslayer
Dime
Dime
Deerslayer

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: I thought flu shots were free   I thought flu shots were free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:36 pm

I get a flue shot every year and it is always free. I didn't take the H1N1 and don't know anyone that has so I can't help ya on that but I'll ask around.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: I thought flu shots were free   I thought flu shots were free I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 am

We offered the flu shots at WM this year also. I think they were charging a fee of $7.00. We had lines up big time... They ended up running out and had to turn people away.... Sad I don't get the flu shot either. I had it one time and was sick for 3 months after that. I will NEVER get one again. I got the shot from a company that I used to work for. They paid for the shots for their employees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought flu shots were free   I thought flu shots were free I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I thought flu shots were free
Page 1 of 1