BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! Empty
PostSubject: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Well I couldn't understand why my laptop battery kept running down even though it was plugged in to the electricity beside the couch where I always sit -- the same plug I used for the last year! I thought maybe the charger or charger port was bad. There's a lamp plugged into the top plug and the laptop was plugged into the bottom plug. In a stroke of genius, I swapped plugs and guess what -- the light didn't work! So I have to change out that outlet -- which is cheaper than a charger, charging port or battery! cheers
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:51 pm

i know how that goes...had to replace 12 outlets at the house in Florida.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:45 am

I hate that when that happens, Ridge.. Been there done that also!~!
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:59 am

It sure is nice to figure these things out before they cost you money that is for sure, glad you caught it ridge. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:49 am

Well there's still an issue with the laptop. I think the charging port might be bad. It's not charging the battery. I need to do a voltage check on the charger to make sure it's working.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:43 am

If the charger itself is bad. You can get a universal one at Wal-Mart that works with most brands of laptops. Hopefully it's not the charging port and is just the battery itself.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:32 pm

And I was thinking...operator error. lol!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:55 am

richardcatdaddy wrote:
And I was thinking...operator error. lol!

Rick, if it were you posting this, then maybe it would be an operator error... BUT..... Since it's Ridge, I don't think it's an operator error!~! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:11 am

Well,Merry Christmas to you too Peg. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:49 am

Nope it's definately not id10t error. But I did get Vista installed and working good on my wife's computer, and I got xp installed and working on my computer -- well Josh's computer. It's been down for about a week and I have a hard time getting on here now that it's up. He's making up for lost time.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:21 am

LMAO, Ridge... I bet he is.... Glad to hear that you got all of them up and running now. Did you figure out if it was the charging port or the charger itself for the laptop?
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Haven't messed with it yet. I really don't want to put any money into it one way or the other. I'd rather get a new net book if it comes down to it. One of those micro laptop thingys.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:52 am

One thing you have to remember is a notebook and a laptop is a little different. A notebook does NOT have a DVD &/or CD reader/writer, while a laptop does... Just an FYI.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!   Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figured out why the laptop battery kept running down!
Page 1 of 1