BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bottled my wine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:42 pm

We bottled my wine the other night and we had some for turkey day yummy.

I GOT.

8 Liters Apricot wine from fruit, has a slight cloudy haze to it but still very tasty.

4 Liters Grape Concentrate wine made with a Balloon method and there again and im not a wine-o lmaooo but i am really impressed with it also.

4 Liters Apple concentrate wine made with the balloon method and even though it seems that it is a bit stronger taste of alcohol it is still very tasty.

4 Liters Pineapple concentrate wine, it has a cloudy appearance but is in our book the best of them all for taste.

Now tonight we just started 2 more batches of bread yeast wine just because they are good tasting i guess, same flavors grape and apple.

We also started a batch of Blueberry wine i love blueberries so this should be awesome..
bottled my wine 100_5449-1
bottled my wine 100_5447-1
We need to get some more supplies before we can start any more.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: Re: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:07 am

I used bread yeast years ago and it did it's job, and I got drunk off it. But it was pretty nasty. Then I found out that bread yeast has a lower tolerance for alcohol which means it dies before all the sugar is used up. I usually buy up a bunch of wine yeast when I buy my bottles and other supplies because it will keep almost forever in the fridge.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: Re: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:23 am

Yep i have lots of wine yeast also and will be making some that way also, but i was just amazed by the way this turned out fact i had a couple different people tell me that it tasted better than any grape wine from a store that they had ever had. cheers
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: Re: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:54 am

Hmm how do you make it?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: Re: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:23 am

ridgerunner wrote:
Hmm how do you make it?
one gallon jug of juice--one package flieschmans bread yeast-- install the balloon-- --the balloon will inflate while fermenting then when the balloon deflates --it is is done

you will have an accumulation of dead yeast on the bottom of the bottle. don't disturb it,

siphon off as much as you can without sucking up the dead yeast

the result will be sweet and about 7 percent alcohol

the bottle should be in a not too warm area-- 65 to max 75 degrees and dark if possible.

The only thing i had to do was to sweeten it at the end after i killed the yeast off.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: Re: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 am

Sounds good Mike.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: Re: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Just got done cooking up 26lbs of apples and am now straining it for making a 5 gallon batch of wine yummy.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: Re: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:54 pm

Sound very good!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bottled my wine Empty
PostSubject: Re: bottled my wine   bottled my wine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bottled my wine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Introductions/Questions :: The Bait Shop-
Jump to: