BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you remember?

Go down 
+3
T.C.
bluegill
ridgerunner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Do you remember? Empty
PostSubject: Do you remember?   Do you remember? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:49 am

Does anyone remember 911? I was working a job doing wireless internet install at a bank in Watseka, Illinois. I was on the roof and there were businesses playing the news on the radio so you could hear it outside. It kind of reminded me of what you see in the movies about WWII. I also remember how bizarre it was to not see any airplanes in the sky. That was surreal, like something out of a movie. We're on the flight path to the airport in Bloomington, Illinois and always have planes flying by. It kind of seems like this nation has forgotten that horrible tragedy.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Do you remember? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remember?   Do you remember? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:07 am

I remember the day like yesterday. I was in college at the time. Was going from one class to the next. I came downstairs and into the atrium. They had a big TV on a cart in the middle of the atrium and there were people all over the place just standing around watching, some crying. It was sure a sad day...... My nephew's fiance is pregnant and due for their second child on Sept. 11th. Their first was a girl, this one is a boy......
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Do you remember? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remember?   Do you remember? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:18 am

I remember...I was at work...And as soon as we heard about it the whole plant stopped...My first thought was my son...He was in the army at the time....We gathered outside around the American Flag and we prayed together.....God Bless them all!!!!!..
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Do you remember? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remember?   Do you remember? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:03 pm

I too remember that day. I was sleeping and my Wife woke me up and said airplanes were crashing. So I turned on the news and saw that second plane crash, live I think. Then finally we saw the tall buildings coming down after a while.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Do you remember? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remember?   Do you remember? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:51 pm

I was sleeping in and the wife came in the room telling me that a plane had hit the trade tower...In the grogginess of being half awake I said we were under attack.....Then about the time I turned onthe TV in the bedroom the second plane hit...Ihad a sick feeling in my stomach as I thought about all of the folks onthe planes and in the buildings.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Do you remember? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remember?   Do you remember? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:07 pm

I remember it. I was in third grade in Mrs. Petree's math class. I remember Mrs. Heart running into the class telling my teacher her husband was in there and she needed to use her cell phone. I was only 8 so I didn't really know what was going on but I could tell it wasn't good.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Do you remember? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remember?   Do you remember? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:40 pm

I was in Effingham Ill. in a truck stop asleep when another driver beat on my truck yelling turn on the tv!!Shocked was a mild statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you remember? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remember?   Do you remember? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you remember?
Page 1 of 1