BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads Empty
PostSubject: Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads   Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:28 pm

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. – Parents in Florida are complaining about a sculpture of a nude family outside a shopping center west of Delray Beach. Parents of children who attend a nearby elementary school say the bronze statue is inappropriate, and the PTA president e-mailed parents Wednesday asking them to complain.

The sculpture is by artist Itzik Asher and titled "Journey to the New." It is supposed to represent the journey of Russian and Ethiopian Jews from their homes to Israel. It was previously displayed at other locations in the area.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that Asher's sculptures have drawn criticism before. In 1995, the Boca Raton City Council made him cover the private parts of several of his sculptures with cardboard fig leaves. The leaves were later removed.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads   Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:25 pm

They will let nude statutes that close to a school, but you can't smoke that close to school. I guess I'll never be able to figure out liberals!
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads   Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:19 pm

bass ackwards.
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads   Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:13 am

Perhaps I am wrong but I do not see much wrong with the statute.

In the early 50's I visited many cities in Europe while in the Service. That kind of stuff was all over the place. Sometimes however an oak leaf was added but not always. Same way with paintings.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads   Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:25 am

ridgerunner wrote:
They will let nude statutes that close to a school, but you can't smoke that close to school. I guess I'll never be able to figure out liberals!

Agreed, Ridge!~! Does not sound or seem right to me either.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads   Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sculpture at Fla. shopping plaza turns heads
Page 1 of 1