BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts Empty
PostSubject: Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts   Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:03 am

CLARE, Mich. – "Cops & Doughnuts" is more than a punchline. It's now a bakery in Michigan — owned by nine full-time employees of the Clare Police Department.

The newly renamed bakery opened Wednesday, offering doughnuts, cookies, muffins, brownies and bread. It also has mugs and T-shirts bearing the "Cops & Doughnuts, 100 Percent Cop-Owned" logo, and phrases including "You Have the Right to Remain Glazed" and "Handcuffs and Cream Puffs."

Officer Al White says the officers were concerned when the Clare City Bakery's owners decided to throw in the towel. The 113-year-old bakery would have become the sixth empty storefront in Clare's three-block downtown.

The officers were on hand for the grand reopening but have hired a manager and will employ local students as staff.

___

On the Net:

http://www.copsdoughnuts.com/
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts   Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:24 am

I have been to Clare many times. It is a nice little town with a large Jay's sporting goods store just north of town.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts   Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:24 am

Well wouldn't this be funny if it stuck and more cops did this and it became a fad around the states. Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts 226386 Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts 45659
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts   Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:58 pm

I think it's a really good idea! Maybe it will keep more kids off drugs and make them more responsible also!~!
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts   Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:07 am

Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts 226386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts   Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cops in Michigan protect — and serve doughnuts
Page 1 of 1