BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deleting old posts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 pm

Anyone know how I can delete old posts?My puter needs memory.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:59 pm

To delete the cookies that are stored in your computer from this website, down on the bottom right of the forum, you will see Delete Forum Cookies. Click on that... BUT..... BE SURE you comment what you want to before you do this. It will also delete the new posts that have been made on the forum. Also, let me know if you need to delete cookies out of your computer entirely, as I can send you a PM on how to get rid of them. I will need to know what version of Windows that you are running before I will be able to help you on this.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Go to this page and download this clean up....It will get rid of everything you don't need. And it's free.
This has saved me a lot of room on my computer. Thanks to Mike....LOL...
http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=69
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Yes, it is a great clean-up utility!
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Peg,windows vista.I got a messsage saying I was bout outta memory so I need to do something.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:24 pm

I looked at the site,it says its for windows xp.Dont know will it work in vista.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Yes it will. I have Vista, Rick and I use it on my computer also.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Yea it will work....My son has Vista on his computer and he runs it too....
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:56 am

I did a little research into vista. It seems that the minimum memory to run vista is 1 gig. I know this the hard way because I bought a cheap laptop with only 1/2 gig of memory and it's horribly slow with vista. That's why I went with puppy linux on it. I'd recommend at least 2 gig of memory for vista. You can also do a control, alt, delete and take a look at what all is running in the background. I bet you've got a lot of programs running that you don't even know you had. This is the registry tool I use. http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm If you use reg seeker I would just delete the red items. Sometimes if you delete all of them you may have to reload your printer driver if it's a HP. Take a hard look in the control panel of the programs you have installed to see if you really need them.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: couple other thoughts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:19 am

Just thought of a couple other things. First make sure your web browser is set to delete temporary internet files when you close the browser. If not you'd be surprised at how many files are in there after a few hours of browsing. The other thing I would recommend is this antispyware program. http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php I used to use spybot and adaware, but this program found things those other 2 programs had let through. Hope these posts give you some good tips and good luck.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks for the help.Some good tips there for everyone.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:55 am

If I delete the old posts,will I have to rejoin the site?What bout the cookies?What will I lose there?
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:07 pm

When you delete cookies you will have to log in again and make sure you look at the new post before you do it. I don't think the post on the site will affect it at all. The server that the site is on holds all of that. Wait until peg gets back on and she can tell you all that will happen when you delete the cookies.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:50 pm

This will help you out....

Delete your Internet cookies
Applies to all editions of Windows Vista.

The information in this Help topic applies to Windows Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Internet Explorer 8.

Follow these steps to delete the cookies stored on your computer. After you delete cookies, websites will no longer remember information you have entered on previous visits (for example, they will no longer have record of your user name or preferences).

Delete cookies in Internet Explorer 7
1. Open Internet Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Internet Options.

2. Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click Delete.

3. Under Cookies, click Delete cookies, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete them.

4. Click Close, and then click OK.

Delete cookies in Internet Explorer 8
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Safety button, and then click Delete Browsing History.

3. Select the check box next to Cookies.

4. Select the Preserve Favorites website data check box if you do not want to delete the cookies associated with websites in your Favorites list.

5. Click Delete.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:55 pm

If you are wanting to make space on your computer have you tried to defrag your system? Also the clean up program that I sent you will help alot....You really need to run it ...It will shock you how much it will delete off of your computer...
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:38 pm

This thing wont defrag,cant understand why,wont put pix on disk too,used to but not now.Cnat understand it.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Sounds to me like you have an infected computer. You may have to do these scans and such in safe mode. Safe mode only loads the minimum drivers to operate the computer.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Can you tell us what kind of computer you have and all that good stuff? Maybe we can find some things that would help you...
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:25 pm

You can not clean out your memory. When windows says ( not enough memory) it realy means your running out of hard drive space. Every Windows (depending on ther version) use's what is called a pagefile. This is a certain amount of non used hard drive space windows must have to function & move data. When that pagefile starts to shrink windows will slow down & send you an error message ( not enough of memory). You need to uninstall any programs you do not need or use. This will free up hard disk space. Only you know what programs you do not need. There are other programs you can download for free that will clean out your PC from un-used files & junk stored throughout the PC.
Run these after you uninstall all non used programs from within windows control panel, Add/Remove programs.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:44 pm

In Vista, it's called "Programs and Features." When you delete the cookies out of this site, you want to make sure that you have answered ALL of the posts that you want to answer, as it will clean out all of the new posts as well as all the old ones. No, you will not have to rejoin the site. It will just delete the cookies that are used for memory on the site, per your computer. When you delete the cookies on the site, you will lose all of the new posts and what ever posts have been made since you joined and/or since you last cleaned out your cookies. Once new posts are made after you delete your cookies, you will be able to see them. You won't lose any posts etc. if that's what you're concerned about.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:10 pm

I have deleted the cookies from my computer from this site and I have never erased a post that I made....A cookie is nothing more that a way a site identifies you when you return...
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:11 pm

T.C. wrote:
I have deleted the cookies from my computer from this site and I have never erased a post that I made....A cookie is nothing more that a way a site identifies you when you return...

Exactly, Tessie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deleting old posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting old posts   Deleting old posts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deleting old posts
Page 1 of 1