BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mounts, Poles etc....

Go down 
+4
newfie2007
jremines
North Star
Deerslayer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Deerslayer
Dime
Dime
Deerslayer

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Mounts, Poles etc.... Empty
PostSubject: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:37 am

Heres some more pictures of different things i've kille over the years. Most were taken not to far from the house. Also some pics of my ever growing rod and reel collection LOL. Hope everyone enjoys the pics.

Mounts, Poles etc.... Tournamentrods

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mypolecollection

Mounts, Poles etc.... 14ftfenwicks

Mounts, Poles etc.... 14footers

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts018

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts017

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts016

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts015

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts013

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts012

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts011

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts010

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts009

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts008

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts007

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts006

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts005

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts004

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts003

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts002

Mounts, Poles etc.... Mounts001

Mounts, Poles etc.... Kansas11-28-07001

Mounts, Poles etc.... Johnny
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:50 am

buddy them are just great photo's, looks like you got the hang of the photo thing pretty good, thanks for sharing with us that is some hunting that some of us will never get to do. thank you again. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
jremines
Nickel
Nickel

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:15 pm

awesome pics buddy,you got a nice collection goin there.
Back to top Go down
jremines
Nickel
Nickel

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:16 pm

whats it take to get one of them hives?lol
Back to top Go down
Deerslayer
Dime
Dime
Deerslayer

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 4:07 pm

Thanks guy's, there more than just mounts on a wall but represent a lot of fun memories in the outdoors to me. We have gotten quite a few hornets nests over the years and have been lucky to never have been stung YET LOL. Sometimes it's easy as shooting the limb the nest is built on with the 22 magnums and letting it hit the ground. Go back after dark armed with hornet spray to take care of any that are still guarding the nest. If it's cold enough they won't or can't fly and you can just put them in a trash bag and then in the deep freeze for a few days. This particular one was unusual in that it was built around a hickory nut tree the same hight off the ground as it is in the picture. I found it one morning squirrel hunting. It was pretty warm so I called a buddy of mine and we went in after dark to get it. We got in front of it and started hitting the exit hole with hornet spray, we both about the same time noticed hornets coming out of the backside affraid I run around and started spraying the back and descovered it had a back door LOL. When the excitement was over we sprayed a little more for good measure then cut the tree off at ground level. I cut the top off so it would stand up in the gun room. polyurathaned it and shook some dead hornets out of it and stuck them around the outside before the polyurathane had dried and was still sticky to the touch.
Back to top Go down
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Nice pics
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
timber
Admin
Admin
timber

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 6:50 pm

those are some cool pics do you do the mounting yourself???
Back to top Go down
jremines
Nickel
Nickel

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 pm

whats the story behind the rattler?
Back to top Go down
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:21 pm

That dang snake liked to made me break my knee on the puter stand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
bountyhunter
Dime
Dime
bountyhunter

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:39 am

You have some beautiful pictures there Deerslayer. You have got to be real proud of those mounts and other things, i know i would be!
Back to top Go down
Deerslayer
Dime
Dime
Deerslayer

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:14 am

Timber, I'm pretty lucky on the taxidermy work. One of my cousins does taxidermy for a living and he mounts anything i want mounted at his cost so that saves me a lot of money. The sets of 3 horns mounted on the drift wood I do myself and the Turkey beards are easy with the kit. The hornets nest I done myself but all the mounting he does for me. I have some more smaller horns in the garage on the wall and still have 4 good racks that i will put on drift wood when i get a chance.

Jeremines, The rattlesnake i sort of hand caught one evening when me and a buddy of mine were going up to fill our feeders getting ready for the opening of bow deer season.This particular buddy is deathly afraid of snakes Shocked LOL. We had already filled our feeders and were headed back to the truck. I had some beer in an ice chest strapped to the front of the 4 wheeler and we stopped just before going over the hill on to house. We were sitting on the our 4 wheelers drinking a beer and BSing and we kept hearing something in the leaves to our right. This went on for about 15 minutes and I guess this thing was coming to the sound of our voices or was just traveling through. It finally got close enough that I located it and we got off the 4 wheelers and as soon as my buddy seen it he jumped on the other side of the 4 wheelers and started screaming like a girl affraid affraid . I cut a forked stick to pin it with and the whole time he was screaming stay away from it to the point he was making me nervous lol! . I finally told him to jump on his 4 wheeler and go back down the trail to get a 5 gallon bucket we had seen that had a lid on it to put it in and I told him I would stay away from it until he got back. As soon as he got out of site I pinned it with the forked stick then picked it up and put it in the ice chest on my 4 wheeler LOL. When we got home The snake was to cold to hardly move but i went ahead and put ice chest and all in the chest freezer LOL. Just wish I had taken the time to take the 4 or 5 beers left out of the ice chest first LOL.
Back to top Go down
jremines
Nickel
Nickel

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:09 pm

arlington wrote:
That dang snake liked to made me break my knee on the puter stand.

ahahahahaha thats priceless john.

Thats real cool deerslayer,ya got a real nice collection there.inspires me to wanna go out and do the same..Hey John??You wanna go wrangle a few snakes with me??LMAO lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:14 am

now that is just cool beans there..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounts, Poles etc....   Mounts, Poles etc.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mounts, Poles etc....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Information Corner :: Photo Shop.-
Jump to: