BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after Empty
PostSubject: Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after   Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:20 am

after North Shore delivery
May 21, 2009 03:02 PM Email| Comments (54)| Text size – +
(State Police)

By Martin Finucane, Globe Staff

State Police seized 543 pounds of marijuana and about $200,000 in cash, while arresting five men, as they broke up a major drug delivery Wednesday in Peabody, Essex County prosecutors said this afternoon.

State troopers set up surveillance at a Costco parking lot on Route 1 in Danvers on Wednesday morning. At about noon, a rented truck arrived. Troopers allegedly observed men loading pallets of marijuana from the tractor-trailer onto the rental truck, Essex District Attorney Jonathan W. Blodgett's office said in a statement.

Teams of troopers, agents from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Peabody police followed both vehicles as they headed in different directions.

Police later arrested three men at 134R Newbury Street in Peabody and found that the pallets of marijuna had been unloaded there. Meanwhile, another team followed the tractor-trailer to Route 128 and stopped it just before the Massachusetts Turnpike, arresting two other men and finding the approximately $200,000 in cash.

Brian J. Toto, 42, of Revere; Phillip Watson, 37, of Saugus; Michael Schrimpf, 36, of Saugus; and R.J. Norton Jr., 41, and Melvin Vanmeter, 38, both of Indianapolis, all pleaded not guilty today in Peabody District Court. Each man faces charges of trafficking Class D marijuana over 200 pounds and conspiracy to violate drug laws.

Judge Robert Brennan set bail at $250,000 for each defendant and set another hearing for June 18. The men, if convicted, face a maximum of 15 years in prison, with a minimum mandatory term of three years, prosecutors said.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after   Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:26 am

I don't understand were the hell these peoples heads are at, well maybe i do but well i will just leave it at that,. Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after 209995
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after   Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:40 am

Easy money turns into easy jail time for some idiots.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after   Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:10 am

Just wait, when California leagalizes it then Cal will deffinetly break off and fall into the pacific with all the estra wieght of all the people heading out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after   Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five arrested, 543 pounds of marijuana seized after
Page 1 of 1