BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toddler buys earthmover in online auction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Toddler buys earthmover in online auction Empty
PostSubject: Toddler buys earthmover in online auction   Toddler buys earthmover in online auction I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:57 am

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – A New Zealand mom made some online bids on toys before napping. Then her 3-year-old daughter took over and bought a bigger plaything than expected — a huge earth-moving digger for a cool $12,300.

Pipi Quinlan made the winning 20,000 New Zealand dollar ($12,300) bid on the Kobelco digger with a few mouse clicks at the auction site TradeMe while her parents slept, the Rodney Times newspaper reported in northern New Zealand.

"The first I knew about it was when I came down and opened up the computer," said Pipi's mother, Sarah Quinlan.

"I saw an e-mail from TradeMe saying I had won an auction and another e-mail from the seller saying something like `I think you'll love this digger,'" she was quoted as saying in the paper.

Quinlan said she had made auction bids on several toy sets and assumed she had bought a toy digger.

"It wasn't until I went back and reread the e-mails that I saw $20,000 — and got the shock of my life."

She immediately called the auction site and the seller to explain what happened.

TradeMe reimbursed the seller's costs for the auction and the digger was relisted.

On the 'Net: http://www.trademe.co.nz

(This version CORRECTS surname in 2nd graf to Quinlan)
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Toddler buys earthmover in online auction   Toddler buys earthmover in online auction I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:52 am

All the more reason to keep PC's from kids when parents are away.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Toddler buys earthmover in online auction   Toddler buys earthmover in online auction I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:03 pm

The kid just wanted to have the BIGGEST TOY on the block,nothing bad there. Toddler buys earthmover in online auction 820645 Toddler buys earthmover in online auction 820645
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toddler buys earthmover in online auction   Toddler buys earthmover in online auction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toddler buys earthmover in online auction
Page 1 of 1