BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thought For The Day May 14th 2009.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Thought For The Day May 14th 2009. Empty
PostSubject: Thought For The Day May 14th 2009.   Thought For The Day May 14th 2009. I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:28 am

As a parent, how do I modify my child's behaviour without diminishing their character or self -esteem?

The key is to intently listen to them expressing what they have done, thereby inviting them to turn back towards their own wisdom … so that they will realize that they are out of alignment with who they really are. What is helpful is having good listening skills and to demonstrate that you care about them and to bring down your own wall of judgment towards them.

By being non-judgmental towards your child and by putting yourself on their side of the table they will soon become more comfortable and their defensiveness towards the matter will start dissolving. There is only one effective method of communication, and that is the expression of love. All other methods tend to confuse what is really important. It is only when we have a feeling of support and non-judgment that we can fully open ourselves up to the messages that another is sending to us. From that place a strong sense of communication is allowed so that the other may be influenced in a positive manner.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Thought For The Day May 14th 2009. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought For The Day May 14th 2009.   Thought For The Day May 14th 2009. I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:30 am

Yep yep!~!
Back to top Go down

Thought For The Day May 14th 2009.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Introductions/Questions :: The Bait Shop-
Jump to: