BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged Empty
PostSubject: Woman who kept mom''s body and benefits charged   Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:27 am

MIAMI (Reuters) – A Florida woman has been indicted for keeping her dead mother's body in a bedroom for six years while collecting more than $200,000 in pension benefits, U.S. prosecutors said on Thursday.

Penelope Sharon Jordan of Sebastian, Florida, was charged by a federal grand jury last week with Social Security fraud and theft, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami said.

Police found the decaying body of her mother, Timmie Jordan, on a bed in a spare bedroom at the mother's home in late March, when they were called to investigate a report of nuisance cats.

Penelope Jordan told police her mother had died in 2003.

The indictment alleged Jordan concealed her mother's death in order to receive both her U.S. Social Security benefits and her military survivor's benefit.

Jordan collected $61,415 from Social Security and $176,461 from the military pension during the six years, prosecutors said.

She could face up to 15 years in prison.

Local media reported that the 61-year-old woman told police her mother died of old age and she kept the remains because she couldn't afford burial expenses. An autopsy found no signs of foul play.

According to a local paper, police found many cats on Jordan's property but she denied they were hers.

(Reporting by Jim Loney, editing by Jane Sutton and Sandra Maler)
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged   Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:04 am

That is truly sad for sure, i hope they lock her up and throw away the key. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged   Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Thats awful.What some people will do to keep some income,theirs or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged   Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woman who kept mom's body and benefits charged
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Introductions/Questions :: The Bait Shop-
Jump to: