BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case Empty
PostSubject: Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case   Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:30 am

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A former inmate filed a $25,000 lawsuit against the Franklin County Sheriff's Office on Friday, claiming his civil rights were violated when deputies allegedly enlisted him to tamper with another inmate's food.

It is alleged that Deputies Joseph Cantwell and Phillip Barnett forced inmate Todd Triplett to place his penis on a sandwich before it was fed to an unsuspecting inmate, 10TV's Maureen Kocot reported.

The alleged incident occurred in late February at the downtown Franklin County Jail.

Franklin County Sheriff Jim Karnes said that Cantwell and Barnett have been terminated from their positions, Kocot reported.

In addition to losing his job, Cantwell also faces criminal charges in connection with the case.

Triplett told 10TV News that is still humiliated by the incident.

"I walk down the street and I see people look at me because I've been on the news and they judge me," he said. "Really I didn't mean any harm. I've never hurt anyone."

Triplett is seeking $25,000 in damages, Kocot reported.

The lawsuit alleges that the deputies threatened to put Triplett "in the hole" if he did not comply with their orders. The suit also claims that the deputies used a cell phone to take pictures of the act.

"This was a big joke to them," said attorney Byron Potts, who is representing Triplett. "Then they had the audacity to film it. I've seen the picture."

Potts said he has received phone calls from other inmates who claim that they were the targets of hazing but did not come forward because they feared no one would believe them.

"The people that are incarcerated don't really have voice," Potts said "They don't have someone to champion their cause."

The attorney representing the inmate who was allegedly forced to eat the tainted sandwich said he is also preparing a lawsuit.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case   Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:41 am

Thats sick.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case   Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Thats NOT what I wanted on my hotdog bun.Nasty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case   Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex-Inmate Files Lawsuit In Food Tampering Case
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Introductions/Questions :: The Bait Shop-
Jump to: