BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand Empty
PostSubject: Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand   Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:52 am

CHICAGO – A Chicago alderman said he doesn't mind that a businessman plans to open a hot dog stand in his ward and hire former convicts to work there, but he does object to the stand's crime-linked theme. Alderman Bob Fioretti said Friday his Second Ward on the city's West Side has major crime problems, so he thinks the stand's name, Felony Franks, is simply not in good taste.

Fioretti also objected to several slogans, including: "Food so good, it's criminal," and "Home of the misdemeanor wiener."

Stand owner Jim Andrews, though, said he thinks the tongue-in-cheek name and a menu that features such items as "burglar beef" and "chain gang chili dog" will help to erase some of the stigma that being a former convict carries.
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand   Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:39 pm

I would eat there,no problem.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand   Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 pm

They done there time....Debts are paid to society.....Now they are just telling the truth and trying to sell a weiner or two. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand   Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alderman objects to crime-themed hot dog stand
Page 1 of 1