BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bernie in a Dilemma

Go down 
+2
North Star
Bernie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Bernie in a Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 4:45 pm

Heck we all are among friends here at Mikes site so I would like to air some of my personal life right now. If you get bored just move on.

First off my Wife and my self are getting along in years right now. I have been hankering to catch some Northerns before we are unable to do that any more. So I suggested lets go Northern fishing someplace about the second week of May to avoid the black flys in case it is Canada. Any place would be fine until I started thinging about it seriously. My Wife, Alicia then suggested that she would rather go to Chicago and visit for 3 weeks. We could put her and our lap dog on the plane and then Bernie can go fishing anywhere he wants to. My gosh what an open ticket. Without getting into money I will move on.

So then Bernie has an open ticket to go fishing almost anywhere within some reason of course. I do not like the idea of crossing into Canada anymore so have been thinking about Michigans western UP or Minnesota north by Ely area. I do not want to tow my boat that far so would want a fish camp of some type. No communial affairs as a cabin in the woods would suit me to just batch it. Catch and release and save something for the evening meal. But I have another problem at my late Senior years. I travel CCW and feel undressed without it. I have had some training and had some more last week. I do not want to be without it anymore. So about 31 states will honor my license but not Wisconsin or Minnesota so I am inclined to rule them out. What a shame. I wish they would come around to some common sense.

I am entertaining the thought of going to Wyoming and try trout fishing there. I would enjoy that but would have to get some waders ++ but that's OK.

So I woke up in the morning and thought that heck, I have a nice fishing boat. Why not just stay here in Florida and fish here. And I could keep the Lap Dog with me. That makes more sense. However I would not be catching any Northerns. Then I thought about Virginia and some of their fishing. I could drive their without much of a problem and there is always Western North Carolina. They will honor my license.

That is about where I am today. No positive decisions. If I need a cabin in the woods or along a stream, lake or river then it not to early to make reservations. Just do not know. You tell my just how many more months my body will allow this activity and then I can make a decision.

Do not read the above if it is too boring. Just another day in the life of a Senior. This retirement life sure is tough.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Bernie I Did not find your dilemma at all boring fact i like to read the things that you post, sounds like you have been doing a lot of thinking and really trying to get to were the fish are. im not really any good as far as what other states have to offer you in fishing, but Bernie what ever it is that you decide and were you decide to go im sure you will have a great time and catch lots of fish. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bountyhunter
Dime
Dime
bountyhunter

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 6:37 pm

Not boring to me either Bernie. Smile The way i see it is if you are having a good time, it was worth the trip! Besides if you are catching fish what else is there anyway? "enjoy" cheers
Back to top Go down
shortshank009
Penny
Penny
shortshank009

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Bernie..You look to be in great shape by your Avitar cheers cheers cheers That doesn't mean dudley as far as I'm concerned anyway..If you feel good..you want to do this
I'd tell-em all to take a hike..I'm doing this affraid affraid affraid 🐘 🐘 🐘 I believe you are 100% correct..I'd rather ask for forgivness than feel
sorry I never tried. Don't rule out ALASKA?? study study study lol! lol! lol!

Don
Back to top Go down
timber
Admin
Admin
timber

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 6:05 pm

So Bernie have you come any further in solving your dilemma? I wish I had a dilemma like that. My dilemmas are more like am I gonna have enough money to pay the bills!!!! I hope you find somewhere to fish and have a great time!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Yes the decision has been made. I had to give a little in mind and do something more parctical.

I have given the Wife permission (permission ?). To go to Chicago for two or three weeks when ever she wishes. I, Bernie, will stay home with our pet. But while she is gone I can fish every day if I want down here in central Florida. I have a Pro-Crappy bass tracker with all the trimmings so that will work out. It just sits there ready to go. I just have to use it. When the Wife is gone the heck with the woodworking and all that other work. Bernie will be on vacation also.

So besides just fishing I will cook my catch so I will be a little fussy as to what I keep. Also my neighbor plans to take me salt water fishing. On top of that I am entertaining the thought of me, just Bernie, taking a one time charter fishing trip down here.

So, I may not be able to catch northerns as I desired my options are still very open.

So at both of us almost 80 we are not dead yet and able to fuction just a little bit. Don't squeel on me but next month I am 77 and now my Wife is 79. But keep some of that quiet.
Back to top Go down
timber
Admin
Admin
timber

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Sounds like a plan. I hope it works out and you and the wife both have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
bountyhunter
Dime
Dime
bountyhunter

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:03 am

cheers cheers Go for it Bernie. Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
MikeDaPike
Dime
Dime
MikeDaPike

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Hey there Bernie, you do have a dilemma but I'm sure you'll figure something out that works. If you have the chance, never have regrets.

I hear that up in the Upper Peninsula up near Iron Mountain has some great fishing for Northerns. I know that doesn't make your decisions any easier. But I'll do some checking around for some fishing camps near the area if you'd like? The wife is really good at finding that stuff. She's always doing it before we go on any trips. I hope your dilemma works out best for you Bernie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MikeDaPikeDecoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bernie in a Dilemma   Bernie in a Dilemma I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bernie in a Dilemma
Page 1 of 1