BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

starting to bite

Go down 
+3
jerseycat9
North Star
catfish willy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:56 am

The channels are starting to bite. I rode the 4 wheeler over to the old rock quarry to catch some bluegill for bait. It took a couple of minutes to find the bluegill but after 10 minutes I had 8 or so bluegill, plenty enough for a couple hours of fishing. One was about as big as my hand and the rest were just a few inches long. I casted the big bluegill up in the shallow water hoping for an early season flathead. I had one fish grab him but let go pretty fast. A few minutes later he came back for it and I missed. Judging by the way it was mashed up was probably the flathead I put in there late last year. I had a couple small bites while I was there too. Right at dark my 5600 would dip down a little bit and bring in a bunch of slack. After watching it do that for a few minutes I decided it was a little channel and was going to change spots. I reel it in about half way before I notice something else was on there. The fish was swimming towards me and the sinker kept catching causing the rod to bounce. After a few minutes fighting the fish, on a bass pole pretty much, I landed it. Snapped a few pictures and released him to catch another day.

starting to bite 111_2400

starting to bite 111_2392

Last edited by catfish willy on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:27 am

Nice, i like to see that for sure and i can't wait, the weather seems like it's time but the water says nope im still ice covered but it won't be long. Congrats buddy that is a nice one right there. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:46 am

Nice catch Willy I had a good couple days myself with catfish. Should be getting better each day till the spawn starts.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks guys. I just edited the post with a little story behind it.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Nice catch!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Nice catch, Willy! That's what I like to see! I can't wait to start fishing here now! It's been a long time coming. Still have a little wait for it though... The waters are starting to recede pretty good here, but still a ways off yet.
Back to top Go down
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-12-05

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:59 pm

Nothing wrong with that buddy. Good fish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:13 am

Nice fish!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

starting to bite Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting to bite   starting to bite I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starting to bite
Page 1 of 1