BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2 Empty
PostSubject: Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2   Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:22 am

CHICAGO (Reuters) – Vicks VapoRub, a common cold remedy, can cause respiratory distress in children under 2 when inappropriately applied directly under the nose, U.S. researchers said on Tuesday.

They said using the Procter & Gamble Co product in this way can cause a young child's tiny airways to swell and fill with mucus, triggering severe breathing problems.

"The only problem we've seen is in a small child when it has been put under the nose," Dr. Bruce Rubin of Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina, said in a telephone interview.

Rubin said the ingredients in Vicks can be irritants, causing the body to produce more mucus to protect the airway. And since infants and young children have airways that are much narrower than those of an adult, any increase in mucus or swelling can narrow them severely.....more.... http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090113/hl_nm/us_vicks_children;_ylt=AhlcaTu4GRYQ08YNAXl835oDW7oF
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2   Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am

Well i never had it under my nose till i was much older but i have done this, just think it took how many years for them to see this and how many children suffered for there lack of responsibility it's just sad.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2   Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:51 am

Yep, I completely agree with you, Mike. My X-Mother-In-Law used to get onto me for not putting Vicks on my kids when they were sick. It makes me to where I cannot breathe to this day. If I can't breathe when I smell it, I'm surely not going to put it on my child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2   Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vicks VapoRub can harm children under 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Introductions/Questions :: The Bait Shop-
Jump to: