BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman. Empty
PostSubject: Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.   Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:38 pm

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Snowzilla is no more. Municipal officials in Anchorage have given a cease-and-desist order to builders of the giant snowman that made appearances the last three years in an east Anchorage neighborhood. The giant snowman was a favorite for photographers and camera crews from Russia and Japan filmed the temporary sculpture. Snowzilla in 2005 rose 16 feet. He had a corncob pipe and a carrot nose and two eyes made out of beer bottles.

He was built in the front yard of the Powers family home and Billy Powers said his children collected snow from neighbors homes to add to the height and breadth.

The snowman was built even higher in succeeding years, but not everybody in the neighborhood liked all the cars and visitors who came to see him.

City officials deemed Snowzilla a public nuisance and safety hazard.

A few weeks ago, code enforcers left red signs at Snowzilla's bottom body ball telling its builders to cease and desist. The city also tacked a public notice on the door of the Powers home.

City officials said the structure increased traffic to the point of endangerment and that the snowman itself was unsafe.

When the notices went up, Snowzilla still didn't have a full torso or head.

"The kids had spent hours and hours of work on it," Billy Powers said Sunday.

Now, Snowzilla is just a big pile of snow rubble. Powers said he doesn't plan to rebuild.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081223/ap_on_fe_st/odd_snowzilla;_ylt=Aj4KHQKtwJvmjq51UYNSxgvtiBIF
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.   Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Well If That Ain't The Grinch That Stole Christmas.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Rockhound
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Rockhound

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.   Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Another reason to hate people in general!! :x
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.   Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 3:33 pm

I think we should get "little Johnny" to send them a letter...What you think Mike?...LMBO.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.   Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 3:34 pm

LMAO Yep I Think It Just Might Work. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.   Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Don't ya just love having nieghbors close by. They need to start building normal size ones now and just keep building and building them, that should draw some traffic too and tell the nieghbors to kiss uh oh, can't type that out, but you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.   Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alaska pulls plug on Snowzilla the giant snowman.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Introductions/Questions :: The Bait Shop-
Jump to: