BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Week #42

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Week #42 Empty
PostSubject: Week #42   Week #42 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:44 am

I Got This From Another Local Board That I Go To And Thought It Would Be A Good One To Share Being The Cold Weather Is Here For A Few Months.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hot Chowder For Cold Weather.

One of the best ways to enjoy your catch on a chilly, autumn afternoon is in the form of hot Fish Chowder. It's easy to make and—this ain't rocket science—you can leave out what you don't like, or add more of what you do. A lot of recipes call for halibut, haddock or cod, but it works just fine with crappies, bluegills, yellow perch, walleyes, pike (deboned, of course) or other firm, white fish. This will make about 10 one-cup servings, so plan on it feeding about four hungry anglers. It goes great with a cold beer and warm corn muffins or buttermilk biscuits.

Ingredients.

3 strips thick-cut bacon
1 large onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, diced
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups potatoes, chopped to bite-size
1 1/2-2 lbs. fish, cut into 1/2 - to 3/4-inch cubes
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
24 oz. evaporated milk
1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained.

Directions.

1. Cook bacon in large stockpot until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble. Pour off all but 1 to 2 teaspoons of the drippings from stockpot.

2. Cook onion and celery in same stockpot until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender. Add fish; simmer 10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake.

3. Stir in evaporated milk, corn, salt and pepper; cook until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with crumbled bacon.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Week #42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week #42   Week #42 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Sounds great!!
Back to top Go down