BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ive had it!!

Go down 
+3
pappy3
North Star
jerseycat9
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:24 am

Im packing it in for stripers till late fall and winter!!! It has become to much like work going out there chasing down the nomadic packs of stripers and not to mention to expensive with blueback herring going $8 a dozen or better and finding that rougue tree that steals your $22 deep diving plug or half your expensive spool of leadcore line off your reel for a few occasional fish when you get it just right Rolling Eyes Come late fall Thanksgiving and on they will be back in the bays and crusing the points and keeping the bait alive long enough wont become such a danged hassle and deep trolling wont be necesarry anymore as last time we were out we were marking some fish as low as 85feet in 125ft depths the effort it takes to fish those depths effectively is a pain on the a$$. Im going back to catfish and bass till things suit my saltwater striper backround Wink Stay tuned Laughing
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:36 am

Well Buddy I Can't Say That I Know How It Is Because I Have Never Fished That Depth Of Water In A Boat Before, Now I Have Trolled For Fish All My Life And I Know What It Is To Loose 100's Of Dollars In Tackle And It Sucks Big Time. Now You Say You Want To Wait Till Fall LOLOL Well I Can Say This It's Not To Far Away Terry, We Have Been In The 40's Here In The Morning And It Has Been Difficult To Get Into The Upper 60's During The Day So Fall Is Nipping At Your Heals. Keep Us Updated Terry I Like To Hear And See Them Bad Boy Pictures, Lets See Some Other Pics When Ya Get Some Fish. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:11 am

Everything has been small Mike I dont even feel like going through the trouble to get the camera out lately
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:24 am

jerseycat9 wrote:
Everything has been small Mike I dont even feel like going through the trouble to get the camera out lately
I Hear Ya Buddy No Water Were I Fish Cats And My Boat Is Down So Know Fish Here For Me. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:53 am

Jersey thats why I fish fall and winter ,it just isn't worth it!! I can catch a whole years worth of fish in 3-4 months .The price of gas, the heat , the lack of bites all dictates to me how and when to fish. I am not a fair weather fisherman I like it cold, windy, rainyand nasty !! The worst the weather the better the fish feed!!
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:02 am

I call summer time..."the wait" Hot, humid ,and hard to find a fish so just wait for cooler weather.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:15 am

I use to go down to Clinton Lake here in IL and try for stripers, but the last time I was there, there was about twenty big bass boats with 150 to 250 horse motors on them, I was sitting out to the side of all them pitching when the stripers came up from 75 foot to the surface on the oposite side of me and all those big boats fired up and came screaming by me in my little 14 ft semi-v and allmost flipped me over, some was as close as 20ft away, the only thing that kept me from flipping was my body wieght hanging over the side. I putted my little boat back to the dock, loaded it up in the back of my pickup and left and have never been back there since, well in that area of the lake anyway. The stripers always came to the surface about 6 o'clock every evening. I just do my catfishing and whatever else happens to bite now. Was I scared, you bet your butt, 75ft and I can't swim. I'm sure all ain't like that but there was a bunch that sure didn't care if me and my little boat went to visit Davey Jones locker. I like catching stripers but not if I have to deal with that again, I'll just pass on it.
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:36 am

THAT IS ANOTHER GOOD THING ABOUT WINTER FISHING NOT AS MANY BOATERS
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:52 am

Yep....I noticed at Fort Morgan last year the boaters didnt come out until it was the warmer part of the day but the fish had already fed that morning and moved on.....Dont see them out at night much either...Lots of boaters just get scared of getting lost or hitting something in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:47 pm

thats something i hate ....y are some people so rude ...big boat big motor big show off ....its called RESPECT n i think some pople just dont give a hoot any more
Back to top Go down
Blackhawk19l
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Blackhawk19l

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:27 am

Those bass guys with their 200+ hp are a problem everywhere. Just having the money to buy one doesn't mean they have common sense or are courteous. They need to be put out there in a 12 jon-boat just one time and that might straighten them out. Some of them are courteous but most turn into idiots when they crank that motor.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:47 pm

They buy a $60,000 boat to fish on the bank....See it all the time.
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:28 pm

well most of the boys are off in the woods doing the hunting thing and the weather has cooled so I guess all my complaining will come to an end soon. Plus there have been schools of stripers on the surface everymorning busting bait from the few reports of the guys that aint huntin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ive had it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ive had it!!   Ive had it!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ive had it!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BIG FISH MIDWEST :: Open Water Talk :: Fishing Reports-
Jump to: