BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wednesday Storms

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Wednesday Storms Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday Storms   Wednesday Storms I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:34 am

Back on Wednesday me and the wife went to the grocery store for a few things...When we left the house the radar on the weather channel was not showing anything but by the time we got through picking up a few things the rain was coming in sideways....We stood in the store for a minute and I decided it was best for me to go get the truck......I ran as fast as I could to the truck and pulled it to the front of the store with the winds near 50 mph......Just about the time I parked it at the front of the grocery store the wind picked up even more and I heard car alarms going off and my truck was swaying and wiggling with the wind. This lasted almost 5 minutes and scared the heck out of me cause I thought it might the a tornado on the way..After the wind slowed a bit I jumped out and got the groceries in the truck and as we started to drive away I noticed that there was a medium sized oak just where I had been parked on the ground across 3 vehicles....There were 2 more oaks down in the parking lot but none were on cars...Just up the road there was a huge oak across the road that we had to go around...This little storm lasted about 10 minutes and tore up some big trees and shingles from homes..I wish I would have taken my camera as I normally do but since this was just a quick grocery trip I left it at home...Never again will I leave it home....I missed some great pics and video on this little storm.
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Wednesday Storms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Storms   Wednesday Storms I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:04 am

Great stuff we have down here sometimes.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Wednesday Storms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Storms   Wednesday Storms I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 am

It Is Just Weird How The Really Bad Storms Are Always The Short And Quick Ones, Which I Probable A Good Thing I Wouldn't Want It To Last Longer. Yep I Don't Leave Home Without My Camera And If I Do LOLOL I Have Been Know To Go Back And Get It LOLOL Glad You All Are O..K. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Wednesday Storms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Storms   Wednesday Storms I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 am

It was a good one for sure.....I have not seen winds like that since the hurricanes crossed the state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wednesday Storms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Storms   Wednesday Storms I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Storms
Page 1 of 1