BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting Empty
PostSubject: Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting   Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:15 pm

With Only A Month Left Of Summer, Things May Seem To Be Slowing Down, But The Fish Are Still Biting. The Walleye Bite Has Been Pretty Good Even If It Has Been A Little Slow. Jed Fiskness In The General Store In Osakis Said That The Walleyes Have Been Mostly Biting In The Evening Off Of Leaches In 18 To 22 Feet Of Water.
Alex Peterson From Christopherson's Bait In Alexandria MN Said That The Walleye's Are Also In 20 To 24 Feet Of Water On The Sandy Rocky Drop Offs. He Also Mentioned That They Have Been Biting Mainly On Leeches And Night-crawlers. Bass And Northern Pike Are Biting Up In The Shallows On Surface Baits Or Rapalas, Fiskness Said. Paterson Expanded On That, Saying That The Northerns Can Be Found Just About Anywhere On The Weed Lines In 12 To 20 Feet Of Water. I'd Use Crank-baits Or Any Kind Of A Sucker Or Shiner Minnow He Said.
Bass Are In About The Same Range In 14 To 17 Feet Of Water Near The Weed-lines. They Have Been Biting Well Lately, And Anglers Have Had Good Luck With Crank-baits Or A Jig Worm. Nibbling On Wax Worms, Angle Worms And Gulp Are The Sunfish. Fishing Experts Say That Lately They Have Been Found In Water 8 To 15 Feet Deep. On Lake Osakis, Fiskness Said That The 2 Mile And 1/2 Mile Bars Have Been Turning Out Some Good Sunfish. The Other Species Of Pan-Fish Crappies Have Been Lured In By 2 Inch Twister tails, Gulp Bait And Crappie Minnows On Slip Bobbers. Paterson Said They Are In 14 To 18 Feet Of Water, Suspended.
According To Paterson, The Chain Of Lakes Has Been The Best Place To Look For Any Species Of Fish. In The Week To Come, Fiskness Expects The Sunnies To Start Biting Better And Better. Also Look For Walleyes Moving Into Deeper Water.Hope This Helps Some Of The Locals To Find The Fish Were Ever You May Be Going.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910

PostSubject: Re: Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting   Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:07 pm

Mike, looks like i'm going to let this whole summer slip right past me without fishing hardly any at all..Between gas prices,,no boat any more and working on JMJ I just haven't been able to go much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Re: Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting   Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Me To Buddy But Part Of Mine Is My Fishing Holes Are Dried Up, Im Going To Try And Get Some Photo's Of One Of My Holes. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting   Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:57 am

I wish I lived closer to some better fishing holes...Tampa Bay sucks for fishing and the beaches in the area are covered with beach goers and the water is really shallow....Thinking about a Boca Grande trip soon if not I'll be headed to Sebastian in Sept.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting   Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:27 am

Things are starting to dry up around here also but still have water, just can't catch any cats without chubs or suckers cut up and not catching very many of them. We still go out on Friday nights whether we catch anything or not its a good time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting   Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer May Be Winding Down But Fish Are Still Biting
Page 1 of 1