BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gulf of Mexico

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Gulf of Mexico Empty
PostSubject: Gulf of Mexico   Gulf of Mexico I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:34 pm

I went saltwater fishing yesterday in the Gulf. I went with a guy called Captain Frank in his new boat. We went out of Hernando Beach with is just north of Tampa. This guy has like 1500 fishing spots that he has researched over the years and with the price of gas today he could not do it now. He has everyspot marked by GPS and many of them he has hired divers to examine the bottom to tell him what is there. A very knowledgeable fellow and I got the impression that he really knows what he is doing. There was just him and me and we fished maybe 6 spots and every place I caught fish. Finally in search of the big one we went out 50 miles. I never caught a big one that was a keeper but caught so many grouper that I lost count. All were under size some be a lot and some like 1/2 inch. Two kinds of gouper I caught which were Red a Gag. All caught by cut bait which were two kinds of fish plus squid.

And I have all those eating fish in the freezer except for my taste tonight.

Finally after about 7 hours on the water I said that I was happy and we could leave any time. I do not know how many fish I caught. It could be 50, just do not know as I was having so much fun. We got in just in time as lightning was all around as we got to the lanch site. A very great trip with a very nice Captain.
Gulf of Mexico CaptFrank
Gulf of Mexico Saltwaterfish
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Gulf of Mexico Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gulf of Mexico   Gulf of Mexico I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:48 pm

Bernie Thank You For Filling Us In On Your Fishing Trip And I Am Very Happy Buddy That You Caught Fish And Had A Great Time On The Water I Bet Them Fish Will Taste Awesome, Congrats On Your Catches Bernie. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
sqrlhntr
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
sqrlhntr

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Gulf of Mexico Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gulf of Mexico   Gulf of Mexico I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:00 pm

I've never fished the Gulf. Used to hit the Indian River and Sebastian Inlet on occasion when I lived in St. Cloud. Mostly fished freshwater since it is everywhere in Florida. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gulf of Mexico Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gulf of Mexico   Gulf of Mexico I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gulf of Mexico
Page 1 of 1