BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Went out today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sqrlhntr
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
sqrlhntr

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Went out today Empty
PostSubject: Went out today   Went out today I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Wife and I went to AEP ReCreation lands today. Took my brothers canoe. Fished 2 very large ponds for the first time over in an area I'm not very familiar with.

At the first pond we had off/on rain, cloud cover, and a sometimes stiff breeze. in 3 hours we caught and released a little over a 100 bluegill and bass. Bluegill ran 6-9 inches and the largest bass was maybe 2 lbs..

By the time we got to the second pond the rain had stopped, sky had cleared, and wind had died down. The fishing was pretty much the same. In about an hour and a half we managed another 50 plus bluegill and bass.
Back to top Go down
radish
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
radish

Number of posts : 257

Went out today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went out today   Went out today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:15 am

sounds like a good trip to me. congrats.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Went out today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went out today   Went out today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Sounds Like You And The Wife Had A Great Spring Day On The Water, What Kinda Setups Were You Using To Catch The Fish. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
sqrlhntr
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
sqrlhntr

Number of posts : 243

Went out today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went out today   Went out today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 pm

This day my wife was using a 1/32 oz chartreuse twister jig on a 5 1/2' UL spinning rod w/4 lb test line. The outfit was brand new and got broke in in a good way. Smile

I was using my old standby's. Two 6' UL rods with 4 lb test. One rigged with a 1/32 oz twister and the other rigged with a 1/32 oz Panther Martin fly spinner. Every fish I caught was on the spinner, never touched the rod with the twister.

One of the really nice things about AEP is that even on beautiful days there are so many ponds and lakes there that at the worst you might be sharing the pond with one other person. Alot of the time you have the pond to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Went out today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went out today   Went out today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Went out today
Page 1 of 1