BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???

Go down 
+3
Rockhound
graybeard
North Star
7 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? Empty
PostSubject: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:11 pm

How Many Of You Know That There Is A Bill In The Minnesota House And Senate To Allow The Use Of Two Fishing Lines In Open Water. I Am Encouraging Everyone To Contact Your State Senator Or Representative To Encourage Them To Support This Bill. How Many Times Have We All Wished That We Could Use Two Lines? I Am One Of Them Just Because I Have A Boat But My Health Limits Me To Going Fishing Very Often And Most Of My Fishing Is Done From Shore.

You Can Use The Minnesota District Find To Ade You In Finding Your State Representatives.

http://geo.commissions.leg.state.mn.us/districts/start.html

Here Are The Bills In Progress.

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/bin/bldbill.php?bill=H2610.0.html&session=ls85

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/bin/bldbill.php?bill=S0972.0.html&session=ls85

I Truly Hope It Passes It Is Legal In Most States Already.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Hope they get it passed. When they are really biting, one is plenty, but when they aren't it's nice to try a couple different baits and/or presentations.
Back to top Go down
Rockhound
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Rockhound

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Here you can use as many as you want as long as you have your name and address on the rod" if you use mare than three
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Re: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:12 am

The Way I Look At It Is I Feel It Would Not Hurt A Thing, If The Fish Were Biting You Wouldn't Be Using 2 Poles You Would Be Using 1 And If They Weren't Biting You Would Have The Chance To Have 1 Line Out Trying 1 Way Of Fishing And Still Be Able To Keep Trying Different Methods To Find What The Lure Or Bait Of Choice Is If You Even Do. I Also Don't Think It Would Hurt The Populations Of Fish Do To The Fact Of Laws Limiting You To Only So Many Fish As A Limit Any Way, I Really Only Feel That There Is Only One Thing It Will Hurt And That Is More Tangled Lines In The Boat Or On The Shore. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Oofa I think even two poles is a little low on the spectrum as well. I like to fan cast my baits at most spots I fish. When fishing the river down here I like to cover a bend in the river with one pole every 15 yards up to 8 rods aint really bothering anybody since Im usually the only guy fishing. Most times I will narrow it down to 3 poles when I find the most active area. Two rods would have me running around like a chicken with my head cut off LOL
Back to top Go down
timber
Admin
Admin
timber

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:57 pm

would be nice if it passed. you can use 2 in the winter!
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378

PostSubject: Re: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:20 pm

I hope they do that Mike. I have never understood the reasoning behind limiting it to one rod in the first place. If you are only allowed so many fish, who cares how many rods you use to catch the limit. And if your fishing for a species where there is no limit, what's the big deal with that?

I talked to a Baker County Sherriff deputy a couple of weeks ago and we got onto this subject. He had what I thought was a really great idea. He said he wished they would sell extra rods. In other words you could pay an extra $5.00 for an extra rod on your licsense. If you wanted to fish with 5 rods you would pay an extra $25.00 on your licsense. That way the state would make some extra revenue too. Even though it would probably go to illegal aliens.

Jim Cool

Last edited by jimhs on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:58 pm

illnois u can have 2 poles with 2 hooks on each .....in wisconsin u can use 3 poles with 2 hooks on each ......gl mike
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???   Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Support Fishing 2 Lines In Minnesota???
Page 1 of 1